PDA

View Full Version : JDM Body Kit?

2002ShadowDeamon
08-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can order the JDM Dolphin kit? And just to make sure, this is the kit right?

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb266/forgedknight1300/805471_5_full.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb266/forgedknight1300/805471_4_full.jpg

n3oAcid24
08-03-2007, 01:31 PM
hit up trigger. frank use to bring in JDM parts. he went underground for awhile now.

99 galant
08-03-2007, 01:49 PM
wow that is a nice kit, i need to pick up a cheap body kit for my car

zobgel
08-03-2007, 02:07 PM

i might gonna sell my cyber 2 front bumper and we have the same color so you don't have to paint it. :wink:

9G
08-03-2007, 02:27 PM
I believe trig dont ship that because of size.

fatal1
08-03-2007, 02:34 PM
only the front on that car is the dolphin kit, to have it shipped here unpainted from japan is in the ballpark or $1500, the sides and rear are just the regular "new"style and the rear also has the side extensions....also the fender flares are a seperate item

the dolphin whole kit is actually made for the legnums so while the front and sides will fit, you will have to do something with the rear

on a side note thats a damn good looking car lol :lol: i should have baught it with that front

S-Line
08-03-2007, 02:53 PM
sucka :wink:

n3oAcid24
08-03-2007, 02:55 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^

hahahhahahahahhaha!!!!!!!!!!

polishmafia
08-03-2007, 03:15 PM
you want a cheap body kit?

youre asking about the dolphin?

yeah ok i dont see anything wrong with that.

OH WAIT. the dolphin is just about the most expensive front bumper made for our cars :P

fatal1
08-03-2007, 03:22 PM
sucka :wink:

before we even closed on the deal you had it, im thinking of something eventually up my sleeve :lol: maybee

plus i got the interior lol

99 galant
08-03-2007, 03:36 PM
you want a cheap body kit?

youre asking about the dolphin?

yeah ok i dont see anything wrong with that.

OH WAIT. the dolphin is just about the most expensive front bumper made for our cars :P

i was the one that said it was nice, but i want a cheap kit

i didnt say i wanted that one

VegasMatt
08-03-2007, 03:51 PM

You + Ebay = Cheap body kit

alexvr
08-03-2007, 04:30 PM
i got an ebay kit fro 420 shipped and from what everyone told me, that it was one of the best fits they've seen yet, usually there needs to be alot of moddin done to the back but not mine and it was cheap :lol:

komodo
08-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Will the Dolphin grill + front bumper + sides fit a 2003 Galant ES?

nokcy21
08-05-2007, 10:12 PM
yup i ordered the front lip from trigg and he cut it in half due to shipping.

fatal1
08-05-2007, 11:56 PM

if you see it on an 8th gen why even ask a stupid question like that???? obviously in fact i believe there isnt even any modding needed for the dolphin front other then the removal of the foam on the crashbar

yea but it will be pricey, and extremely hard to get im sure....

that is the new style grill and the new style sides pictured as well as the rear with side extensions and fender flares (just a heads up its not the full dolphin kit)

only problem you wouldd have if you get the whole dolphin kit would be the rear as its made for the legnum

komodo
08-06-2007, 02:13 AM

if you see it on an 8th gen why even ask a stupid question like that???? obviously in fact i believe there isnt even any modding needed for the dolphin front other then the removal of the foam on the crashbar

yea but it will be pricey, and extremely hard to get im sure....

that is the new style grill and the new style sides pictured as well as the rear with side extensions and fender flares (just a heads up its not the full dolphin kit)

only problem you wouldd have if you get the whole dolphin kit would be the rear as its made for the legnum

Yeah I know how the dolphin kit looks like. The reason I asked is because the 2001 models have different bumpers than the 2003. I don't own a G yet since there hasn't been a "good one" for sale lately.

Snowy
08-06-2007, 05:08 AM
The bumper is different, but you are removing the bumper to put a different bumper on anyway. Structure-wise there isn't a difference. If you have a US car you will need to do some work to the crashbar or remove the foam to fit all JDM bumpers.

lucap100is
08-06-2007, 08:44 AM
yup i ordered the front lip from trigg and he cut it in half due to shipping.

yup, too expensive for the shipping. anyway, it's made up of fiberglass you can easily repair it. :D

unlimited6986
08-06-2007, 09:12 AM
only thing you have to do w/ the 02-03 is cut the nose then cut the crash bar

2002ShadowDeamon
08-07-2007, 12:05 PM
So, to make things short, this is the the dolphin front end but it is reaaly expensive so I should look for something else. So nobody has one for sale in the states?

S-Line
08-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Unless myself or Cali is selling ours. Then no.

2002ShadowDeamon
08-08-2007, 01:38 AM
Do you know what it would take to get just the front bumber over here?

Cali
08-08-2007, 02:31 AM
everything has a price....

so make me an offer. :)

Reelax
08-08-2007, 03:00 AM

contact an importer from japan; see if they can get the bumper u want. pay for kit and shipping via CC or wire. wait. pay customs broker in the US after it has cleared. either pick it up from the customs clearing house at the entry port or airport or have it shipped to your door or business. about $1500.00 total cost for a front bumper from japan is what i paid.

komodo
08-08-2007, 04:35 AM

contact an importer from japan; see if they can get the bumper u want. pay for kit and shipping via CC or wire. wait. pay customs broker in the US after it has cleared. either pick it up from the customs clearing house at the entry port or airport or have it shipped to your door or business. about $1500.00 total cost for a front bumper from japan is what i paid.

If it costed you that much for the bumper I don't think I want to know how much it'd cost for the dolphin front, side, grill and eyelids .. atleast not till I find a job again and get that 4g64 o.o

2002ShadowDeamon
08-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Does anyone have the pics of the entire dolphin kit on an 8g? Or at least on the Legnum?

komodo
08-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Does anyone have the pics of the entire dolphin kit on an 8g? Or at least on the Legnum?

This is the entire Dolphin kit on the Legnum.

http://www.j-rally.net/~marjo/comfort/leg1/lib/aero/1/dol3.jpg

http://www.j-rally.net/~marjo/comfort/leg1/lib/aero/1/dol24.jpg

http://www.j-rally.net/~marjo/comfort/leg1/lib/aero/1/dol21.jpg

http://www.j-rally.net/~marjo/comfort/leg1/lib/aero/1/dol22.jpg

http://www.j-rally.net/~marjo/comfort/leg1/lib/aero/1/dol4.jpg

http://www.j-rally.net/~marjo/comfort/leg1/lib/aero/1/dol23.jpg

6G72Galant
08-08-2007, 06:40 PM

Who the hell did you buy from? I paid $300 for my bumper that i bought from Trigg. And that included shipping to my door.

Reelax
08-08-2007, 09:32 PM

Who the hell did you buy from? I paid $300 for my bumper that i bought from Trigg. And that included shipping to my door.

you obviously did not get an FG aftermarket jdm bumper like what were are talking about in this thread (dolphin aeroform).

i don't have an oe jdm bumper, that's why i shared the prices. i have a nifty-r (one of two in the US, less than 10 worldwide). trigg can't get that bumper and even if he could, he wouldn't be able to make it smaller for shipping since it is fiberglass (shipping things that large is charged by volume not weight). that is why the oe jdm bumpers are easier to get and are way cheaper to ship; trigg gets them used and sends them folded (and bypasses customs). the only way to get my bumper or the dolphin for a few hundred would be local pick up in japan (and they retail for $600+).

here's a pic of my front bumper to clear things up:

http://www.raniworld.com/raaa/schoolfront.jpg

6G72Galant
08-09-2007, 12:30 PM

you obviously did not get an FG aftermarket jdm bumper like what were are talking about in this thread (dolphin aeroform).

i don't have an oe jdm bumper, that's why i shared the prices. i have a nifty-r (one of two in the US, less than 10 worldwide). trigg can't get that bumper and even if he could, he wouldn't be able to make it smaller for shipping since it is fiberglass (shipping things that large is charged by volume not weight). that is why the oe jdm bumpers are easier to get and are way cheaper to ship; trigg gets them used and sends them folded (and bypasses customs). the only way to get my bumper or the dolphin for a few hundred would be local pick up in japan (and they retail for $600+).

Ight. For a second i thought the Dolphin bumper was an OEM bumper.

Reelax
08-09-2007, 03:58 PM

Ight. For a second i thought the Dolphin bumper was an OEM bumper.

the dolphin uses the OE JDM '98+ VR4/viento foglights and stock mounting points (JDM) so it could be mistaken for OE JDM update at first glance... but it's rare (2 in the US also) and it's fiberglass.