PDA

View Full Version : electrical help

risen7
08-04-2007, 03:49 PM
well i got a new cd player last night and after installing everything my guage lights stopped workin, so i checked the fuses and everything was good but i just decided to change them out anyways. well they still arent workin..i did some searchin on here and saw that this has happened to some other people, have i wired somethin wrong or what???

cntrylvr79
08-04-2007, 04:16 PM
It's possible. did you use a wire harness, or did you cut off the factory plug?

QnzMostWanted
08-04-2007, 04:21 PM
did u connect the dimmer wire? I've seen where people didnt connect it and it accidentally grounded off causing the dimmer lights not to work

remarque
08-04-2007, 04:31 PM
connect the dimmer wires, one is orange and the other is orange with white strips.

risen7
08-04-2007, 05:41 PM
i used a wiring harness so i didnt cut anything. i have the orange wire connected to the orange wire with the white stripe so i dont think thats it?? but i was checking my tail lights and i saw that my passenger tail light wasnt working, so i replaced the fuse and it blew again..so i have a short somewhere in my wiring right?

QnzMostWanted
08-04-2007, 05:42 PM
try disconnecting the dimmer wires and taping it off and see what happens

pinoyesv6
08-04-2007, 07:02 PM
orange and orange/white are different so don't connect the two.

99 galant
08-04-2007, 08:10 PM
well id put my 2 cents in but i dont kno anything about this area

good luck tho

QnzMostWanted
08-04-2007, 09:59 PM
well id put my 2 cents in but i dont kno anything about this area

good luck tho

post whore!

bronxbombr
08-04-2007, 10:47 PM
I say do what Denver says and see what happens.

AVERAGE
08-05-2007, 01:46 AM
i used a wiring harness so i didnt cut anything. i have the orange wire connected to the orange wire with the white stripe so i dont think thats it?? but i was checking my tail lights and i saw that my passenger tail light wasnt working, so i replaced the fuse and it blew again..so i have a short somewhere in my wiring right? I had the same problem about a year ago and it miraculously (sp) fixed itself.

risen7
08-07-2007, 05:11 PM
alright i was just in the middle of moving during all of this so i havent had any time to work on it, but im going to just rewire everything. so on the harness there is an orange wire that is the dimmer and another orange wire that says illumination, so what goes to what?

pinoyesv6
08-07-2007, 05:28 PM
if oyu just match the colors and the stripes you'll be fine. the coloring for the wire harnesses are standard. if you match the colors and the stripes you won't have any problems. some head units don't have features your previous radio might have equipped and your car might not have features that your new radio has and as a result there are extra wires hanging out.