PDA

View Full Version : Painted Interior (updated new pics)

badmitsu
08-05-2007, 12:54 AM
I just got windows XP professional and figured out how to upload my pics. Well anyway heres my interior did it about 2 weeks ago. The car is going to get painted either red or black( if your wondering why red on green). Tell me what you the seriously!

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s216/badmitsu/Interior006.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s216/badmitsu/Interior007.jpg

now tell me what you think

fatal1
08-05-2007, 01:33 AM
from the pics it looks like the paint came out well but im not a fan of the red honestly, looks like the color came from one of willy wonkas candy coatings

run1206
08-05-2007, 01:40 AM
i must be color-blind, cuz i see orange, not red... :smt017

badmitsu
08-05-2007, 01:52 AM
i think its the flash, it looks red in person

Kalamidad
08-05-2007, 02:42 AM
looks like a good paint job. can you get some daytime shots?

99 galant
08-05-2007, 05:18 AM
that looks great, too bad my interior is tan and only flat black would go well, but if i paint my car blue or red im going to cover up the black with a blue or red :D

99 galant
08-05-2007, 05:22 AM
https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=58355

this is mine, i think it would be too much for the red of your car, but possibly try the glove box and the pannel under the steering wheel too?glove box is easy to get out but the pannel had some hard screws inside it for the fog lights and mirrors

bellefontaine187
08-05-2007, 10:43 AM
i think the tan with black accents looks dope. my interior in grey and i just started painting it. i am a perfectionist though man, its taken me a week to paint 3 trim pieces. i sanded off every bit of the fake wood grain shit, probly wasnt necessary though, probly could have just sanded out the gloss and then primed it. but i went all out. i think your flat black looks dope though..kinda wish i went flat black instead of gloss but the gloss came out flawless, looks like factory finish. is it me or does the pics of the dash in this post look orange? i was going to say that is cool as hell too, but its really red right? im sure red looks good too though.

bellefontaine187
08-05-2007, 10:44 AM
paint came out good though, did you wet sand and then clear or just spray it red? i like how your door panels arent cloth..... did they come that way cus that dope.i hate the cloth on the door panels, i smoke so every once in a whyle i might get a stray ash and it singes it a little bit then i have to go and see my boy at the dealership and have him fix it. its a pain in the ass bro the cloth sucks. i didnt know they had door panels with no cloth..imma have to see bout that

badmitsu
08-05-2007, 11:30 AM
i just took my time and did alot of layers really thin coats though. i will get some daytime pics up here in a lil bit, i'm going to take some of my car to, i've done somethings to it since i was able to take pics and all. as far as i know my seats came that way, thats how they were when i got the car, leather seats though :(

99 galant
08-05-2007, 12:45 PM
are you going to do a matching red for the exterior paint job? or atleast something close

i bet that would look sick

badmitsu
08-05-2007, 01:06 PM
yea, its going either red or black. the eclipse that i had these wheels on was black and it looked bad ass w/ them

99 galant
08-05-2007, 01:10 PM
did u take a look at my black interior, im not sure if it would be tooo much red for your look, but doing the glove box and pannel under the streering wheel might look alright too

thebirdman13
08-05-2007, 01:52 PM
i think the tan with black accents looks dope. that's what mine is...

but yeah... that red is :shock: good job painting it though, but imho i would have waited til the car was painted before i did the interior like that

badmitsu
08-05-2007, 02:17 PM
i also cleard my corners and cut the fens on the grill:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s216/badmitsu/Interior009.jpg

consuming
08-05-2007, 02:54 PM
I really like it, I've wanted to paint my interior like that, the slots in the steering wheel and the mitsu logo are all I've gotten done though

badmitsu
08-05-2007, 04:59 PM
i actually kinda like the red on green look, i've had alot of ppl tell me they like it. my plan was to just keep painting till i found a color i liked, but i like the red! plus its the same color red thats on my calipers

99 galant
08-05-2007, 08:35 PM
wow that red looks nice

badmitsu
08-05-2007, 08:51 PM
thanks, i personally like it. it will look better when the whole car is painted to match

99 galant
08-05-2007, 09:00 PM
that orange from the flash looked kinda cool too :D

Armageddon Sunset
08-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Great job, that looks hot! what color/brand is that red paint?
thats the red I want in my car. Im going with a red and black interior theme.

SkylineG1
08-05-2007, 11:51 PM
Looks good. Will look even better when the car is painted balck. Throw another $150 to your body shop & have them paint the rest of the interior black to go with the red.

lucap100is
08-06-2007, 09:46 AM
nice job. what about a tutorial :lol:

GoldGalant [Reborn]
08-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Good job dude

badmitsu
08-06-2007, 02:31 PM
believe it or not, the paint is from the dollar store, $1 a can (i used 3 cans). There a plenty of tuts on here, just search around you'll find them. And thanks to everyone that posted up comments.

GaLaNt_03
08-06-2007, 11:06 PM
looks good...not a big fan on red tho...but looks good...u better paint that car quick cuz red and green aint workin out haha...but good work...

spdracr
08-12-2007, 11:15 PM
here's pics of my old ride when i did the interior black and red, the original color was grey, the red didn't come out like i wanted it but it was my first time so next time i do anything it will be better

http://gallery.cloudcars.org/v/kuwaitistratus/most-recent/Picture_012.jpg.html

this is when i switched the door cloth to suede and as u can see the red didn't match

http://gallery.cloudcars.org/v/kuwaitistratus/most-recent/Picture_013.jpg.html

so i did one of the doors with black vinyl and i loved it

i love the black and red themede and i wish i can do it but my car is tan so black and tan will be my theme im not sure if i will do flat or gloss black yet

i like ur paint and keep up the good work

minnesoshan
08-23-2007, 04:38 AM
what does everyone think the best paint is to use?, and what did you do for primer? i want to paint my trim black from the wood but im afraid to fuckin it up making it look shitty

badmitsu
08-24-2007, 08:31 PM
like i said before, i used dollar store paint, no primer. i just misted it on the first couple coats and then painted it good

beam514
08-24-2007, 09:16 PM
like i said before, i used dollar store paint, no primer. i just misted it on the first couple coats and then painted it good

did you even sand the woodgrain?

badmitsu
08-24-2007, 10:00 PM
no nothing, just took my time and did a good job. still dont have any chips or anything!

99 galant
08-24-2007, 10:30 PM
you freakin lucky, the primer or paint i used pealed up a plastic coating like crazy, i tried to fix it this past sunday and it got worse... just my luck

but in good news i paid off my car today :D

badmitsu
08-24-2007, 11:39 PM
99 galant
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:29 pm Post subject:
you freakin lucky, the primer or paint i used pealed up a plastic coating like crazy, i tried to fix it this past sunday and it got worse... just my luck

but in good news i paid off my car today

i traded a 00 Chevy Silverado Z71 even for my car

2 months later the oilpump went out in the chevy, i got lucky

after i traded i was so pissed of at myself but i traded because my wife was about to have our baby and we needed the room.

Everything happens for a reason

99 galant
08-25-2007, 12:35 PM
yea but your car has alot of miles too, did the chevy have alot for an 00?

chromeblueES
08-25-2007, 04:02 PM
looks pretty good. I used rust olem sand paper and adhesion promoter when I did mine. took me all night to paint it.

bellefontaine187
08-25-2007, 04:34 PM

did you not sand the peices? you have to sand bro. its the only way. i just finished painting the rest of the vents and the handles today. it took 3 weeks to paint all the accent peices including woodgrain but my shit looks like a professional bodyshop did it. im getting really good at painting even with rattle cans, but its all about the preping. you gotta sand out the woodgrain. start with some real abrasive paper and gradually work your way up to 1500-2000 grit. then prime. and depending on whether or not you want texture to your trim peices or not, wet sand the primer with 2000 grit to smooth it out. if you want to keep the texture that the non woodgrain pieces have then just prime them then paint them.i did a bunch of coats. wet sanded again to knock down the orangle peel. then i hit it with a bunch of coats of some clear. when they finally dried and cured, i polished all the finished peices with a very low cut buffing compound and then used some wax. that way dirt and dust and fingerprints will not get on them when they are touched. shit looks flawless, i have a compressor now with spray gun and im anxious as hell to practice with it.

badmitsu
08-25-2007, 04:51 PM
i use to work in a body shop, i know how to paint.

99 galant
08-25-2007, 05:18 PM

did you not sand the peices? you have to sand bro. its the only way. i just finished painting the rest of the vents and the handles today. it took 3 weeks to paint all the accent peices including woodgrain but my shit looks like a professional bodyshop did it. im getting really good at painting even with rattle cans, but its all about the preping. you gotta sand out the woodgrain. start with some real abrasive paper and gradually work your way up to 1500-2000 grit. then prime. and depending on whether or not you want texture to your trim peices or not, wet sand the primer with 2000 grit to smooth it out. if you want to keep the texture that the non woodgrain pieces have then just prime them then paint them.i did a bunch of coats. wet sanded again to knock down the orangle peel. then i hit it with a bunch of coats of some clear. when they finally dried and cured, i polished all the finished peices with a very low cut buffing compound and then used some wax. that way dirt and dust and fingerprints will not get on them when they are touched. shit looks flawless, i have a compressor now with spray gun and im anxious as hell to practice with it.

yea i sanded, but the ones i didnt are fine the ones i did are like crap the sand paper didnt take off this plastic coating that the primer and paint got under and the ones i didnt sand it hardly effected, ill have to go back and sand it all down again one day

99 galant
08-25-2007, 05:19 PM
i use to work in a body shop, i know how to paint.

thats good, i wish i could work at a place that would get me cheaper/free help

badmitsu
08-25-2007, 08:50 PM
bodyshops were i live are cheap anyway, most are into buy wrecked and fixing, so there always do tha shit anyway