PDA

View Full Version : True Coilovers

Norcal Performance
12-12-2002, 10:36 AM
I am looking into the possibility of makeing my own Racing true coilovers. These will be just like the JIC coilovers but adjustable damping from inside the car itself. The price of these would run about $1400 retail. Now since you guys are like family I will offer you guys a nice little deal For the first 5 preorders. I will sell them for $1250 shipped. Not just that but I will allow you to do a layaway plan. Terms are flexable. As long as I get the total amount in a somewhat timely manner is all I ask. So $100 every couple of weels can be possible. I should be finding out very soon if this will go through. But if anybody is interested in this please let me know. I need to make sure there is enough of a demand for such a product.

Cliff

Ghost Beat
12-12-2002, 11:14 AM
im set with ground control and agx right now and there's some what of a sketchy word of tien's coming out with a full true coilover setup im happy with what i have right now but down the line if and when the tiens come out id probably have to go with that or these sounds like a good price for a true coilover setup

TJC
12-12-2002, 11:31 AM
Well everyone knows how desperate we need a good complete suspension setup. The JIC's are two-way adjustable and would be nice to have an option like that which is made specifically tested and balanced for the Galants. Keep us posted.

pinoyesv6
12-12-2002, 12:27 PM
what kinda time frame are we looking at here? i mean some people might not wanna wait so long...but then some people might not have the money in time if the time frame is way too short (doubt that one). also u said it can be adjustable from the interior of the car, how is that controlled? electronically, mechanically what? and what kinda of modifications do u have to do to the car to not only install the suspension but the controls 4 it too

Ghost Beat
12-12-2002, 01:28 PM
oh thats what i forgot if its interior controlled is it like the tiens wich u can sit inside and has a little console you can electronically adjust the settings by?

Norcal Performance
12-12-2002, 05:30 PM
They would be exactly like the Teins. You will be able to sit inside the car and adjust the Damping of the struts to make them either a firm or soft setting and anywere inbetween.

Cliff

Ghost Beat
12-12-2002, 05:43 PM
very nice and the price is 1,250 for everything? well ofcourse besides the install shippin and all for the first 5 reserves the EDFC and all? anyway for those who are wondering what this stuff is here's a pic of Teins EDFC

http://www.tein.com/img/edfc1.jpg

here's a link to the tein page with info about the EDFC and install instructions and stuff mind you this is for the tein set up for other cars but the people on here should be able to make out what they need from it
http://www.tein.com/edfc.html ('http://www.tein.com/edfc.html')

BlueESV6
12-12-2002, 09:24 PM
This sounds very interesting!! Would this setup be "user friendly" and allow a local shop to install it or is this a specialty item that is super difficult to install? Also, I guess with this it would be a complete suspension... coilovers, struts (or whatever) and this control unit?

Thanks https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Ghost Beat
12-12-2002, 09:51 PM
ya thats what i asked him if its all that togehter for that price thats a deal and a half

TJC
12-12-2002, 11:58 PM
If it's anything like the TEIN's, I believe there were some fitment issues with the EDFC's but don't quote me on that. Anyway, if something like this is being worked out, don't forget about the clearance issues.

Ghost Beat
12-13-2002, 12:55 AM
ya but most the time if its a true coil set up its made for the car so hopefully we wont have to worry too much about stuff

Norcal Performance
12-13-2002, 09:52 PM
Okay guys, here's a little more info on these.

These will be built to our exact specifications. Whatever we want....we can have done. Total customization!

These will blow the JIC coilovers out of the water...both in Price and Performance! There will be no comparison.

We need 20 confirmed orders to make these. Now I understand alot of you have money alotted for other projects. That is why we're offering a layaway program. So basically you can make the payments until they're paid for. Starting now.

So come on guys....you've always wanted a TRUE COILOVER kit....not sleeved with KYB's underneath. This will all be together in one package....100% specific to these cars and spring rates....all for a very good price!

Also for the "inside customization" it is doable...however signifigantly more expensive. But if people want that, and we get the orders, then we'll go that way.

Thanks

Tim

escoson
12-14-2002, 04:28 AM
if your going to be offering the layaway plan count me in, you can email me at [email protected]

thanks

TJC
12-15-2002, 01:14 AM
Honestly Tim, we all want a better system but for you to ask for 20 ppl to come up with the cash for you to develop a product is a hard sell. I'm not knocking your ability or quality but most of us don't know you or your company. If it was a really inexpensive product like around $50, then you might get 20 takers but this is a lot of money to front for a new production/custom product. This is just my opinion on the matter; wish there was a better resolution to this dilemma.

Norcal Performance
12-15-2002, 06:53 PM
you know I was thinking the same thing earlier. I've been working on coming up with some way around that. Because I know that is a lot of money to cough up for something untested.

I will see if I can come up with any ideas.

Thanks for that point though...

Thanks

Tim

jacuZZi
12-15-2002, 07:06 PM
So come on guys....you've always wanted a TRUE COILOVER kit....not sleeved with KYB's underneath.

Whats wrong With KYB's??? 8) you're saying like KYB's is something like someone can buy it from 99 cents store. :wink:

Norcal Performance
12-15-2002, 07:13 PM
There's nothing wrong with KYB's in fact I will be running with them myself until this kit is made.

However as good as say Ground Controls/KYB combo is, it really doesnt compare to a TRUE coilover setup, wherein the strut and spring are tuned and matched specifically for the car.

I understand that both the GC's and the KYB's are both tuned for our cars but not neccessarily for use together. This setup is a good setup, but it doesnt allow you the customization that a true coilover setup does.

This set-up to be honest will not be for everybody. Thats a given. If all you want to do is drop the car a couple inches for show and and a bit better performance...then these arent for you.

However if you want full customization and plan to do any sort of auto-x racing or drag racing....heck even if you just really love to drive your car hard and want the control to back that up.....then this kit will be for you.

So I'm not knocking KYB's at all. I know how long it took for them to be made and they are a very good product.

Thanks

Tim

DJ_SI
12-15-2002, 07:44 PM
I understand your point completely............a coil-over and shock combo will NOT work as good as a well built true coil-over system. Hell, why do you think that ALL the top professionals use true coil-over systems.........simply because they work a hell of a lot better. A while back in a SCC magazine issue (testing a 99 civic Si), they got a 1.05g on the skidpad with a full coil-over set up and DOT legal tires..........a feat that many exotic cars have trouble reaching. I have yet to see any numbers like this be posted in a 2600lb+ fwd car on a sleeved coi-over and shock combo.

To tell you the truth, I think that the price is decent............there are some full coil-over systems that retail at over $2000. Maybe if you could sell the first set of coil-overs for maybe half price (~$600-700), that way someone could buy it, try it out, and give his/her honest opinion about handling, comfort, etc................that way people would tend to believe more in the system.

Ghost Beat
12-15-2002, 08:02 PM
tim couldnt have said it better the agx and coil combo is fine if you wana just drop and have some performence but if you want to push is to a whole another level the true coil setup would be definately the way to go im probably gona have to do this but im happy with my gc and agx combo for now but most defiantely in a while i will have to do this

Norcal Performance
12-15-2002, 08:03 PM
Thats a possibility, we'd have to look into it.

One thing I had thought of, I'll have to look into the feasability of it is to have a prototype made, so we can have it fitted and tested. But I'll look into it..

Thanks

Tim

BlueESV6
12-17-2002, 08:47 PM
It still sounds like a great concept.... I wondered....

will it be a user firendly install? (or something that requires expert knowledge to get on the car)

will it be a complete suspension? (takes place of shocks and springs)

will be dampening adjustable from inside the car?

will there be any warranty and after sale support? (if somehting goes wrong)

The price sounds right if all the answers are "yes" to the above questions....

Thanks https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Ghost Beat
12-17-2002, 10:37 PM
hmm i think i can answer most of that blue

as for will it be a friendly install id say if youve done any supsspension this should be cake since it will be make straight for the 8g it would be a nice and easy install but the EDFC i would get done professionaly if you dont know too much

next will it be a complete susspension yes set of full coilovers of these type have height adjustable springs and shocks both made to perform for the specific car

as for will the dampening be adjustable from inside the car it seems to there are a lot of full coils that dont have this option but these seem to have that option

as for the warrenty and sale ill leave that one up for tim or if anything ive said is wrong feel free to correct me tim im just talkin from what i know of susspension

Norcal Performance
12-17-2002, 10:43 PM
will it be a user firendly install? (or something that requires expert knowledge to get on the car)

It's not a piece of cake installation, but at the same time its not hard. If you can put on a set of lowering springs you would be able to do these. If you have yet to install something like this I would recommend having someone who has help you. (buy him a 6-pack in return https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif )

will it be a complete suspension? (takes place of shocks and springs)

yes. This will take the place of your stock components. Everything needed will be in this kit.

will be dampening adjustable from inside the car?

We have the ability to do this, however it is signifigantly more expensive to add this option. We would love to offer this option, but the price would be somewhere over $2000. I dont want to give an exact quote but we'll look into more when we actually get into making these.

will there be any warranty and after sale support? (if somehting goes wrong)

Of course. We pride ourselves on our customer support. We're not a company thats going to sell you a product and then leave you hanging. We will stand by our products 100% We dont plan to release a product without fully testing it first. So we dont plan to have problems, however we know problems are inevitable so we will do anything we can to fix any problems you might have.

Mante
12-18-2002, 07:50 AM
Maybe if you could sell the first set of coil-overs for maybe half price (~$600-700), that way someone could buy it, try it out, and give his/her honest opinion about handling, comfort, etc................that way people would tend to believe more in the system.

I know for sure Im really interested in a true c/o setup on my 8g. I have seen an 8g with g/c and agx bottom out then bounce to the next lane, not to down the combination MAYBE the persons settings on the agx's.

Tim, (or anyone that knows) my question to you is with true c/o setup would that enable you to lower the car without any limitation without voiding warranties? Me personally if I was unable to be one of the initial
buyers I would really have to hear the opinion of those with the same 4k lbs car as I have, that and that alone would make me go with a company that isnt established...But since your on the board you already get points lol