PDA

View Full Version : lip kit or body kit?

99 galant
08-09-2007, 08:51 PM
im going to put one of these on eventually, i have some questions first

what does a lip kit look like? i have heard about them but cant find any posts about them on the site

everyone would prolly choose a body kit over a lip kit, but is a body kit easy to install? not buying anything USED, where can i get some cheap new body kit or lip kits?

thanks
-scott

thebirdman13
08-09-2007, 10:00 PM
my sig has a pic of my car with the integra mugen lip on the front, i'll have pics of the Super VR4 sides matching up with it tomorrow as soon as i finish painting them... lip kits are simply add ons to the stock bumper... body kits replace the front and rear bumpers and add alot of weight

99 galant
08-10-2007, 05:53 AM
lip kits are cheaper i assume?

jhendra83
08-10-2007, 07:48 AM
I'd go w/ lip kits. I think integra mugen lip is very sexy on our car :lol:

pinoyesv6
08-10-2007, 09:29 AM
i should mention first that there is no readily available lip kit for our car. so you're gonna have to find a lip and get that customized to fit your car. not too hard to do though.

most of the lip kits are pretty mild. so if you want something more agressive you might want to look into a body kit. there are more agressive lip kits out there but depending on the mods needed to fit the lip to the car, it just might not work.

wright06jhs
08-10-2007, 12:00 PM
my sig has a pic of my car with the integra mugen lip on the front, i'll have pics of the Super VR4 sides matching up with it tomorrow as soon as i finish painting them... lip kits are simply add ons to the stock bumper... body kits replace the front and rear bumpers and add alot of weight

Hey birdman, how much modification did you have to do to that lip, and how much did you spend on the lip itself. Because i have a silver GTZ that i dont want to put a body kit on but i want a lip for the front.

Serstylz2
08-10-2007, 12:21 PM

Hey birdman, how much modification did you have to do to that lip, and how much did you spend on the lip itself. Because i have a silver GTZ that i dont want to put a body kit on but i want a lip for the front.

Lip itself is around $100, modifying it to fit isn't too bad, you'll need a dremel and some sort of open flame source to heat up the ABS plastic so you can re-bend it to fit. I've done two lips, took me 2 hrs total the first time with a friend, hour and change the 2nd time by myself

99 galant
08-10-2007, 03:25 PM
I'd go w/ lip kits. I think integra mugen lip is very sexy on our car :lol:

are they cheap-ish and are they easy to fit to our car?

99 galant
08-10-2007, 03:26 PM
i should mention first that there is no readily available lip kit for our car. so you're gonna have to find a lip and get that customized to fit your car. not too hard to do though.

most of the lip kits are pretty mild. so if you want something more agressive you might want to look into a body kit. there are more agressive lip kits out there but depending on the mods needed to fit the lip to the car, it just might not work.

is it easy to mod to our car tho?

99 galant
08-10-2007, 03:27 PM

Lip itself is around $100, modifying it to fit isn't too bad, you'll need a dremel and some sort of open flame source to heat up the ABS plastic so you can re-bend it to fit. I've done two lips, took me 2 hrs total the first time with a friend, hour and change the 2nd time by myself

is the front only $100?

Serstylz2
08-10-2007, 04:23 PM
yea jus the front lip.. check eBay for prices, its the 98-01 Integra Mugen Lip, make sure its made of ABS plastic

pinoyesv6
08-10-2007, 04:36 PM
there are tutorials in the tutorial forums that show you how to install the Mugen lip. for me I'd call it super easy but for someone who doesn't have tools it might actually be hard.

i got my lip and a lip for a friend for 120 shipped. but then again, i don't have a mugen lip. modding my lip to a car I would actually call hard for most of you guys here. took me an hour and a half the second time around and that was the time i used an angle grinder since the dremel was making things a little bit slow.

99 galant
08-10-2007, 04:47 PM
what is a lip kit consisted of? just front or all around or what? and how much would it be?

noob :(

pinoyesv6
08-10-2007, 05:14 PM
a lip kit would be a front lip, sides and a rear lip

but to my knowledge, they don't make them for usdm 8g's anymore.

99 galant
08-10-2007, 05:21 PM
how could i get one that will fit ours? or one that would have to be modded a little?

pinoyesv6
08-10-2007, 05:40 PM
how could i get one that will fit ours? or one that would have to be modded a little?

piece together the parts yourself?? we told u where to get the front. the sides are pretty easy to find. ie. FS forum or the big auction site. and then people have modded the crux legnum rear to fit. but you know, money talks at a body shop. with the right amount of cash, anything is possible.

99 galant
08-10-2007, 05:53 PM
thanks pinoy

2002ShadowDeamon
08-11-2007, 12:53 AM
It all depends on what you want. If you are wanting something that is different or real aggressive, then look at a body kit. But if you are wanting something that doesnt stick out, then go with a lip kit. It all depends on what it is that you want.

99 galant
08-11-2007, 05:11 AM
i think body kits are nice, but i also like the lip kit look too

2002ShadowDeamon
08-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Well, like i said. It all depends on what you really like. Find one, slap it on, keep on moving. Enough said.

laosboyroy
08-11-2007, 11:47 AM
you'll be happier with a lip. body kits are a pain unless its a showcar,or you like driving slow, looking for every hole in the road. shizzle, I like big butts!!!

99 galant
08-11-2007, 12:51 PM
you'll be happier with a lip. body kits are a pain unless its a showcar,or you like driving slow, looking for every hole in the road. shizzle, I like big butts!!!

thanks for that info

99 galant
08-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Well, like i said. It all depends on what you really like. Find one, slap it on, keep on moving. Enough said.

i like both... so now that i saw what he said im prolly just going to go for a lip but thanks for your input

QnzMostWanted
08-11-2007, 12:59 PM
Lip is cheaper, bodykits are good, but if they crack u gotta get them fixed, a lip if it cracks u can easily remove it, another option is JDM but that is $$$

99 galant
08-11-2007, 01:10 PM
altho pinoy helped me out, i still have no clue where to find lips online...

QnzMostWanted
08-11-2007, 01:13 PM
there is a thread with all the lips that fit the galant, SEARCH, its a sticky