PDA

View Full Version : weird engine noise!

redlobster
12-12-2002, 06:49 PM
Help, It started today when i was leaving my friends house, when i start accelerating up to about 25-30mph the area near the belts or thats where it sounds like is going errrrrrr! It sounds like a car with no muffler, heeh loud, but stops by about 30mph, I have no idea what it is and when i mash the gas it went super loud so i never did that again.
what could it be?

flipz_ny79
12-12-2002, 07:22 PM
It sounds like a car with no muffler

You might wanna chk your exhaust system for leaks especially your exhaust manifold. I had a 944 that had the manifold lk. At first it just made that noise randomly after a while it was all the time. It sounded cool!!! It ended up just to be the gasket from the exhaust manifold, thank God!!! Parts for that car where very expensive.

redlobster
12-12-2002, 07:26 PM
im not sure where its coming from though
thats what i thought but not sure

cantbeatmy97
12-15-2002, 09:15 AM
to check for an exhaust leak is ez just start the car let it run in park pop the hood and put yur hand near the manifold if u think its there youll feel air leaks against yur hand DONT TOUCH EXHAUST after its been runnin for awhile even when u just start it exhaust b4 the cat will heat up very quickly n e thing after takes a lil more time i would jack the car up or put it on ramps and feel for n e leaks under the car that shold help u

redlobster
12-15-2002, 04:46 PM
its the flex pipe leaking!
exhaust pros wants $150 to fix it. Hell no , i cant afford that
the guy said it probably bottomed out on something, most likely ice from last week or snow
thanks for all help