PDA

View Full Version : JDM Headlight Problem

2kgalant
08-14-2007, 07:46 AM
Ok, so i was test fitting my H7 HID bulbs into my JDM headlights. I figured it would just plug in and then that would be it. I ran into a problem though. I noticed that the clip thing that holds the bulb in place doesn't sit right. The bulb still moves around in the housing...which i know it shouldn't. Its like the clip is to short to secure the top half of the bulb...the bottom reaches and holds it in place though. Any suggestions?

SleekGTZ
08-14-2007, 09:03 AM
Does your original H7 come with bulb sockets? You can use those.

If not, you will have to do some custom work to create your own bulb sockets. A pvc pipe in Home Depot did the trick for me. I'm sure others here have other ideas.

Check to see if your H1 bulbs have sockets. It will give you an idea how they look like and how the clips holds them in place.

2kgalant
08-14-2007, 04:37 PM
I have the original sockets for the H7, but they are of no use to me since i am running HID's, which have their own socket already. You think i could just cut a small ring out of the PVC so that it can sit right on top of the bulb? How big of a PVC pipe am i looking for?

2kgalant
08-14-2007, 10:43 PM
Anybody elso? Cmon guys, plenty of you guys probably had this problem too right? And i searched already :D

njjfudge
08-14-2007, 10:56 PM
I had the same problem with my HID's. I used a small plastic ring to fill the space. You just need something to make the back of the bulb thicker so the clip has something to push on.

AVERAGE
08-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Most HID kits come with the bulbs incase in plastic capsules. Why not use that ring?

2kgalant
08-14-2007, 11:31 PM
Most HID kits come with the bulbs incase in plastic capsules. Why not use that ring?
Hey, thats a good idea. I try and see how it fits. Thanks.