PDA

View Full Version : Help Upgrading my Engine.

Eclipse97526
08-14-2007, 09:14 AM
All i need to know, Is which 4g63 motor do i need ? :) You all know what i mean. The one that faces the same direction as the 4g64 in the 1999 galant es ! i need all the helpful information that anyone can provide for me. EX:year make and model of the car containing this engine
As well as what exact engine this is that i need. There are so many 4g63 motors. I need to know which ones i need to get the Built set of heads for ( Converting over to DOHC , and going turbo on the 2.4 l Block

Also i would like to keep the auto tranny for drag racing, And get an upgraded Converter ? Or would the 5spd swap ultimatly be better ? I was looking at this ...

http://tearstone.com/shop/component/option,com_virtuemart/page,shop.browse/category_id,118/Itemid,35/

if anyone could give me some recomendations of what to do here... Im going crazy on this car ;) hehe...

Last 2 weeks i have done.... Evo 8 carbon fiber hood. Megan racing springs with kybgr2 Shocks ( 3 inch drop ) Looks very nice now. Engine dress up kit, And i re-apholstered my door panels, and did some custom chamelon work on the interior and exterior... hehe. And thats just this past 2 weeks, im ready to move onto the motor.

seth98esT
08-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Ive already answered your question in your other post. You can only directly use the 4g63 motor from an Evo 4-9. Evo 8/9 were the only offerred in the states, but JDM motors are the same.

You will need to swap ECUs and do a lot of rewiring for either a DOHC swap or 4g63t swap. Its a lot of work.