PDA

View Full Version : molded carpet kit for the 8G

BIGMONEYDAY
08-14-2007, 08:03 PM
I don't know how true this is, but here's a link to an ebay listing for a molded carpet kit. How's down to test fit it? :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-2003-MITSUBISHI-GALANT-MOLDED-CARPET_W0QQitemZ290147608029QQihZ019QQcategoryZ336 97QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

fatal1
08-14-2007, 08:34 PM
sounds good its about time i would like to get a black one eventually to go with my interior, but i have some other stuff i am working on at the moment

pakisouljah
08-14-2007, 08:37 PM
damn would u have to take out alll the seats n shyt for this?

pinoyesv6
08-14-2007, 08:40 PM
if you wanted a clean install then yea. if you want something that looks like some floormats then no. but whats the point of having molded carpet if you're just gonna half ass the install.

the seats hold the carpet down too.

pakisouljah
08-14-2007, 08:42 PM
true, no point

cntrylvr79
08-14-2007, 08:52 PM
How about here?

http://www.auto-interior.com/mitsubishi8.htm#galant

remarque
08-14-2007, 09:01 PM
Wanted to wait till I finish but I but down new black carpet for far less than $164. I'm turning my interior completely black as you can see by the picture. Got the steering wheel, pillars seat and headliner left. You can this carpet at Wal-mart for 8.96+ taxes for a 72X36 roll I used 2 rolls. I just removed seats and seatbelt anchors, then removed carpet. Rolled out new carpet over old and used 3M adhesive spray to make it stick. Did it in about 3 hours.

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v119/243/41/149400844/n149400844_30218416_7203.jpg

milo111000
08-14-2007, 09:12 PM
that would be nice.. i'd love to do mine too.

cbwdevil
08-14-2007, 09:18 PM
How about here?

http://www.auto-interior.com/mitsubishi8.htm#galant

Anyone buy from this company?

redgalant1
08-14-2007, 10:10 PM
^^^
there a member on galantforums.com that bought from that company look good

spdracr
08-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Wanted to wait till I finish but I but down new black carpet for far less than $164. I'm turning my interior completely black as you can see by the picture. Got the steering wheel, pillars seat and headliner left. You can this carpet at Wal-mart for 8.96+ taxes for a 72X36 roll I used 2 rolls. I just removed seats and seatbelt anchors, then removed carpet. Rolled out new carpet over old and used 3M adhesive spray to make it stick. Did it in about 3 hours.

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v119/243/41/149400844/n149400844_30218416_7203.jpg

are u painting all the interior pieces or are u swapping some and painting the others ???

i love the black look and i wanna have black interior on a gold car

let me know

as far as the pre molded carpet, i had that done to my dodge and i paid about 180 cuz i wanted rush delivery and it looked good as far as those companies then i cant tell u if they r any good or not

Divinity
08-14-2007, 11:39 PM

That's the method I was considering after I saw the carpet rolls at walmart a few weeks ago. Sounds like a simple install. Your interior looks really good. Keep up the good work. I also plan on changing my interior. Black headliner, carpet, door inserts, black/tan seats, black vinyl on the dash... photoshop of it below
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/2644000-2644999/2644355_14_full.jpg

But if the wal-mart rolls look as professional as replacing the molded carpet...

alexvr
08-15-2007, 12:31 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

remarque wrote:

are u painting all the interior pieces or are u swapping some and painting the others ???

let me know

as far as the pre molded carpet, i had that done to my dodge and i paid about 180 cuz i wanted rush delivery and it looked good as far as those companies then i cant tell u if they r any good or not

dam for a second i thought that was my interior...my whole inside is black, i need the seats, wheel, and seat belts n im done, i did this last summer and was one of the firsts to spray the whole interior, well that i kno of.....i used the walmart carpet but its not all that great and it attracts alot of dirt n shit so its kinda harrd to vacum it...shows us pics of finished product when ur done!!! PICS ON LINK IN MY SIG

fatal1
08-15-2007, 02:34 AM
[quote=remarque]Wanted to wait till I finish but I but down new black carpet for far less than $164. I'm turning my interior completely black as you can see by the picture. Got the steering wheel, pillars seat and headliner left. You can this carpet at Wal-mart for 8.96+ taxes for a 72X36 roll I used 2 rolls. I just removed seats and seatbelt anchors, then removed carpet. Rolled out new carpet over old and used 3M adhesive spray to make it stick. Did it in about 3 hours.

let me know

swap from what? the galant doesnt come with a black interior the only parts that can be swapped are the seatbelts steering wheel and i believe the front seats from the 3g eclipse, it has to be painted and or wrapped with black paint and vynil etc

spdracr
08-15-2007, 04:25 AM
i didnt know that the galants never came with black interior, i just learned something new

Reelax
08-15-2007, 05:30 AM
i didnt know that the galants never came with black interior, i just learned something new

*USDM 8G's only came w/ tan or grey interiors (cloth and leather)... now JDM/worldspec; almost all of them were available in black (depending on exterior color of course).

remarque
08-15-2007, 08:43 AM
Yeah the install was really easy, but the carpet does attract alot of dirt. I got my old floormats in know until I get some black ones. I'll post more pic of the interior today. I bought me a cheap old sewing machine to make my seats, pleated door panels and maybe a pleated headliner. I'm using black fabric with black netting over it. I know it sounds odd, but I seen some office seats at work with same design that look really nice.