PDA

View Full Version : help from EB03 owners, ac question pics needed

Armageddon Sunset
08-15-2007, 09:27 PM
if any of you other EB03 owners can give me a pic of how to bend that AC line, so I can see what to do that'd be great. I had the passenger side in for like a week but noticed that theac line pushes up against the back of one of the lights, and the heat from the light kinda melted the rubber to the AC line. so I took the light out and but back the factory light. so my car looks retarded....I never got around to dealing with that line myself and I felt better if I let a shop do it well the bodyshops didnt want to run the risk of them breaking the line. so I have to do it myself. and I need to some pics of exactly what all needs to be bent and how far.

also if you guys know of anywhere that sells good HID kits for around $150 let me know. thats my next little project for the EB03's. after I open them up and reseal them with the factory seals, that silicon aint holding worth shit by the turn signals and they dont sit flush.

Divinity
08-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Did you try pulling up the headlight a bit when putting it back in with the bulb inside? I have H3 HID bulbs in mine and end of the bulb sticks out about 1/2" to 3/4". To fit the light in without hitting the ac line I pulled the headlight up a bit and moved it the left, so that the end of the bulb is directing in front of the ac line, then I took my fist and gently tapped the headlight back in place. The end of the bulb is close the ac lines, but its to the left of it and a little bit away from the rubber. Before, my bulb would hit the a/c line and push the headlight out to where I couldn't bolt it back down, or adjust them.

You must be running some high wattage bulbs or something to melt the rubber, lol.

AVERAGE
08-16-2007, 03:16 AM
Hmm, I didnt have this issue. Of course I had to remove the headlight but the grommet should protect the headlight and the ac line. If your bulb is that hot than you have another issue. BTW, how do you have your HIDs run? I was having so many issues with the HID that I put mine on a toggle switch. Makes it pretty easy to run the fogs without the heads; my running lights in the highbeams add to the cool factor. 8)

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x162/average_01/Picture022.jpg

dknight3
08-16-2007, 04:53 AM
whats an eb03 again?

lonestar22
08-16-2007, 05:40 AM
dual beam projector headlights made my ericbla03

Armageddon Sunset
08-16-2007, 11:18 PM
its a 50W H3 bulb. and the bulb clears the line but its the cover that goes on the rear of it. (a factory one thats been inverted and the hole filled with silicon) well with that rear piece on it gets pushed up against the line and a little bit onto the rear of the bulb, the silicon and rubber melted itself to the rear of the bulb (bitch to get them apart, ended up turning on the lights to reheat the mess to get them apart) I tried to manuever the bulb and its cover away from the line but they always touched. used to have a photo of the problem but looks like I deleted it.

and I dont have HID's yet, I was asking for places that sell em for around 150.

AVERAGE
08-17-2007, 12:16 AM
Sorry AS, I didnt have this issue. As mentioned, my only issue was the wiring that E put into the lights wasn't suffecient to hold the "startup" of the HIDs so I put in a toggle switch.

ericbla03
08-17-2007, 05:52 AM
Hmmm. I havent had anybody have this problem with regular H3 bulbs... you havent upgraded the bulbs to ones that stick out a little more???