PDA

View Full Version : Headlight + Taillight asembley

Eclipse97526
08-18-2007, 01:08 PM
I was wanting to customize my headlights, And paint my altezza's black. I was wondering if there were any tricks to taking apart the headlight asembley ? They are glued with a rubbery compound. Any experienced people done this that would know a way ? any help is appreachiated. thanks.

underated
08-18-2007, 01:34 PM
when i took my headlights apart i turned on the oven @200 degrees for 15 min then turned it off and put my lights in on a baking sheet for 10min... after the 10 min the housing and the lens came apart just by pulling... you may need and old butter knife that you dont use anymore.

putting them back together is about the same... reattach the lens and housing and put them back in the oven... for a few min at 200 take them out and press them together and your done.

pinoyesv6
08-18-2007, 08:09 PM
i used a heat gun. just a plain 10 dollar heat gun from harbor freight. the heat is in your hands, you are in control. no worrying about forgetting the lights in the oven and coming to a blob of plastic or having the put them back in because they aren't done yet. with the heatgun, you can focus the heat to places where you want heat.

ericbla03
08-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Ive done it both ways. When taking them apart, either way will work fine. But when putting them back together, using a heat gun around the edge will be much better than the oven.

pinoy724
08-19-2007, 10:55 AM
i used a heat gun. just a plain 10 dollar heat gun from harbor freight. the heat is in your hands, you are in control. no worrying about forgetting the lights in the oven and coming to a blob of plastic or having the put them back in because they aren't done yet. with the heatgun, you can focus the heat to places where you want heat.

I have the same heat gun from Harbor Freight.