PDA

View Full Version : s7 gauge problem. .

cbuster77
08-18-2007, 08:59 PM
ok,i got the gauges in but cant get them wired up right. there are for black connectors off the power inverter. 3 of them plug in from the gauges themselves,what about the other 1? also there is an electronic strip coming out the inverter i dont know where to connect to. also the red and black wires i was told to connect to the dimmer switch(green to red,black to black) is this correct. thanks,chris.

remarque
08-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Yeah thats right. Take the trim from your speedo, the dimmer will connected to it. Just splice the green and black wires from the dimmer and connect your black and red from the inverter. The last of the 4 for plugs for gauges is just an extra one. The electronic strip is used to brighten and change the color of the gauges, it doesnt have to be connected to anything.

Use some double sided tape to stick the inverter on air vent behind the speedo and run the electronic strip down through the dash and place it below the steering wheel with some double sided tape.

o1naturalhigh
08-18-2007, 09:44 PM
hey...so when you guys use the dimmer, does the gauges also dim and get brighter?

mrjaydeeone
08-18-2007, 09:51 PM
nope the dimmer only dims the interior lights and the needles for the guages. The dimmer that comes with the guages changes the color and dims the guages

o1naturalhigh
08-18-2007, 10:02 PM
u guys know what color the dimmer wire is? i got the other gauges...the white face ones...and mines different, kinda...i want it to dim but the wire (i can't remember which one it is) it is connected to makes it light up but not dim/brighten

thebirdman13
08-19-2007, 12:43 AM
u guys know what color the dimmer wire is? i got the other gauges...the white face ones...and mines different, kinda...i want it to dim but the wire (i can't remember which one it is) it is connected to makes it light up but not dim/brighten

same here... i got ued to not dimming anything but the gauges...

o1naturalhigh
08-19-2007, 06:44 PM

same here... i got ued to not dimming anything but the gauges...yeah...i was wondering if i were to connect it to that other wire, and if that would work. but...it's hot and i'm lazy...so... :lol: