PDA

View Full Version : ::sigh:: shes going on the back burner for now.

4g63lover
08-19-2007, 11:15 PM
It was raining like hell today, but I liked the presence of the weather and wanted to get it on a photo. My baby is about to be put in 2nd place after my future..

Sacrifices need to be made to progress through life.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/4g63lover/baby%20g/Galant1.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/4g63lover/baby%20g/Galant2.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/4g63lover/baby%20g/Galant3.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/4g63lover/baby%20g/Galant4.jpg

Story behind the title:
This coming school year, I'm becoming a senior. After highschool, I've decided I want to attend Universal Technical Institute to go after my dream career of being an ASE certified mechanic. I had dinner with my parents last night, and they mentioned for the past few years I've had the Galant, every paycheck and most of my time has been put into it. I love my car. It's my baby. But sometimes I have to make sacrifices to be able to get what I want. I personally can not afford to keep modding the car and go to UTi. I love my car to death and it kills me to make this decision but I have to for the sake of my future. I'll be around, and I am not selling the G. Im just going to take a break from her for a while. I will prolly mod her a little bit more before I completely stop. I'm thinking Ill upgrade the brakes and I'm done 'til I graduate. As for the turbo project, I am not going through with it. When it comes time to make her faster, I'm going to build a 2.4L 4G64 with a EVO DOHC head and a 3G 5-speed. For now, I love how she sits. I wll fix a couple of odd ends like the fender and the door, upgrade the brakes then take a break. I am not disappearing at all. Just not going to be actively modding the Galant for a while.

seth98esT
08-19-2007, 11:19 PM
110% understandable man! Have to have your priorities straight! I congratulate you on the right decision and going to UTI. You are young, theres always time int he future to build the car how you want when your wallet can afford it :)

SkylineG1
08-19-2007, 11:24 PM
110% understandable man! Have to have your priorities straight! I congratulate you on the right decision and going to UTI. You are young, theres always time int he future to build the car how you want when your wallet can afford it :)

Well said. Most of the cars that we see here on TGC like Cali, Reelax. Cencee took years to get to the point that they are now. Going o UTI is just the right choice, and it's an admirable one for such a young person to make. The G will be there & you will have the knowledge to mod it properly.

alexvr
08-19-2007, 11:32 PM
good luck man, i thought u were way older for some reason, neways good choice, its been really hard for me to mod my car when i startd college, right now i startd my second year at the art institute for industrial design and i have no time for my car but its worth it tho!! besides ur G looks good the way it sits now

Koncept
08-20-2007, 01:17 AM
That's a good decision. I'm going through virtually the same thing. After I graduated high school I just got a job, and all I did was earn money to work on my car and make music. After a couple years of doing that I decided to go to school as well, so I could get a career. Unfortunately I haven't had any time or money to do much to my car in over a year now, which makes me sad, but I know one day I'll be making more money and then everything will be alright, and I can finally finish my G.

^_^

polishmafia
08-20-2007, 07:36 AM

x10!

good luck with school! :)

4-G-rim
08-20-2007, 08:15 AM
Oh I know too well of your situation and honestly, you are making a smart decision. Seth makes a good point that you are young and you have your future well ahead of your and alot of time in the future to do what you want to do to the car and with more knowledge at that too when you successfully complete your education as a auto tech.

SleekGTZ
08-20-2007, 08:27 AM
Huh, I thought you're going to law school? j/k :)
Good luck!

-

n3oAcid24
08-20-2007, 08:43 AM
a lot of people do this man. dont feel bad.

furiousgtz
08-20-2007, 09:41 AM

x10!

good luck with school! :)

ya thats good school my friend is going to that and he likes it..

9G
08-20-2007, 09:46 AM
You can do it!

Im actually not gonna mod my 8G until im like 40.

XxGiRLaNT06xX
08-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Great decision! Best of luck to you.

lonestar22
08-20-2007, 11:37 AM
we're in the same boat
i didnt know we were the same age but i also hav to take a break on the G while i attend OSU. i guess during the summer ill be able to have my fun with her. sucks cuz she just hit 100k so a lot of preventative maintenance (money) is what she needs right now and its not a good time

4g63lover
08-20-2007, 01:39 PM
thanks for the support fellas! really means a lot to me.

BTW, what you guys think of the car's current stance?

milo111000
08-20-2007, 05:20 PM
hey jigaz don't feel bad!! you gotta do what you gotta do man!! do what like 9G said!! wait til you're 40!! but really i never regret a single day when i sold my acura TL to pay for some of my college.. it'll all work out..

8G_GTZ
08-20-2007, 06:54 PM
thanks for the support fellas! really means a lot to me.

BTW, what you guys think of the car's current stance?

support is all this place ever gives. I love this group of people honestly more than any group other than my family. Anyone on here who is out of school and in their career will tell you that it is a good decision. Well, I can tell you right out of tech school for me, it is a great decision. I'm working and have been working in a well know body shop for 2 months now, and I'm making a hell of a lot more money than I used to. Now I can get done what I need to get done to my car until I decide to move out and move on with life. At that point, like many have done, they start family and the G might have to leave. But thats part of starting life which is making sacrifices for yourself.

Sorry for the long whatever you want to call it, but I congratulate you and good luck in your future.

Steve

btw: your car is the bizzomb!!.......

phizzalot
08-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Ya thats a good decision, I didn't heavily mod my 7g (i.e bodykit, paint, drop, trans swap) untill I graduated from college and started making some real dough at my first job...

Good luck and with a certification, degree, or some piece of paper behind your name will help in finding a good job with good pay...

Predat-R
08-20-2007, 08:57 PM
good to see your head is in th eright place,going to school is the right decision and also the mature one.Best of luck to u man.