PDA

View Full Version : Waterlogged

Auto-9
12-13-2002, 06:39 PM
Anyone ever check their spare tire compartment after driving through hard rain? I was checking my tire pressure in the spare today and the whole area was flooded, and I can't figure out how the water is getting in there. I didn't realize how bad it was until I was getting my cat-back made and while installing the muffler he banged on the heat shield next to the spare and the seal right behind the driver side rear tire started leak. We pryed it open and it showered the 3 of us...the guy holding the muffler, the guy welding, and me. Poured non-stop for a good 10 seconds...no wonder my car felt heavy. Anyhows...anyone else have this problem? And any have ideas about how water is getting in there?

BGR
12-13-2002, 07:28 PM
Nope. But today I was ripping around in the rain and going through puddles and totally forgot I had a CAI! Thankfully nothing bad happened.

Auto-9
12-13-2002, 07:32 PM
Hehe I mistreated my car...I had no choice but to drive through water for 30 minutes. Thank God for the bypass valve, it was sounding funky.

BGR
12-13-2002, 07:49 PM
Come on man, you mistreated your car hehe? And you wonder why there's water in the trunk?

:roll: I still have hope for you, son.

Auto-9
12-13-2002, 08:08 PM
Well this isn't the first time...everytime I drive in rain it retains water...maybe I shouldn't tell you the title of my MOS...you'd smack me harder than any drill instructor https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Nick VR4
12-16-2002, 09:24 AM
Could be various things
1) Heavy condensation
2) Tail light leaking
3)Boot lid leaking
4)Hole in boot floor
5)Hole in Tyre well

BlueESV6
12-16-2002, 10:13 AM
Isn't there some "plugs" at the bottom of the trunk to let any water out? I wonder if one of your plugs is missing or the gasket around the trunk rim is not seated properly?

Auto-9
12-16-2002, 10:15 AM
Yep I still have the plugs...for some reason water collects in the driver side one...cause that was the one that gave us the gasoline colored shower when we popped it open. The other side was completely dry. I'm thinking the water is getting into the car from underneath, because my entire trunk compartment is dry except for bottom the spare tire well.