PDA

View Full Version : My G is an OG

lonestar22
08-21-2007, 11:14 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d175/lonestar22/AllTheGoodThings019.jpg

and on the same day the axles gave out , threw another SES, and it ran hot for the first time since brand new

9G
08-22-2007, 07:11 AM
Nice.

4-G-rim
08-22-2007, 08:55 AM
Are those still the original axles that gave up..if so, they exceeded their life expectantcy.

What code is throwing the SES light?

It just started to run hot recently?
-When was the last time you did a cooling system flush?
-When was the last time you changed the thermostat?
-How is the condition of the radaitor?
-When did you last changed your water pump?
-Any leaks visible?

lonestar22
08-22-2007, 10:03 AM
Are those still the original axles that gave up..if so, they exceeded their life expectantcy.

What code is throwing the SES light?

It just started to run hot recently?
-When was the last time you did a cooling system flush?
-When was the last time you changed the thermostat?
-How is the condition of the radaitor?
-When did you last changed your water pump?
-Any leaks visible?

got the axles changed today. the car is smoother at highway speeds than it has ever been. its throwing a lean code, bank 1 or something like that. i did a flush around 80k, the thermostat is the original along with the radiator which looks fine and the water pump is also original. its probably about to give out huh? after a good inspection today i noticed there is what looks to be dried up radiator fluid on top of the transmission. im guessing theres a leak from the lower radiator hose. i have one of those sitting in my trunk.

4-G-rim
08-22-2007, 11:19 AM
Lean code is probably a failing o2 sensor.

Wow...you are still on alot of the original parts. Gotta love Japanese quality. Its safe to say that those parts have far exceeded their expected life and thats good..but its best and its time for them to be replaced.

I am assuming that you never changed your Tbelt? The water pump is usually replaced while doing the Tbelt. The car is due for some TLC...I recommend the following.

-Tbelt change along with new tension, pulley, autotensioner
-New front seals (cams/crank/oil pump)
-New thermostat
-new radiator hoses
-Radiator (if required)
-new plugs and wires
-Cooling system flush
-Tranny flush

After that..the car should be running like if it was brand new again ready for another 100,000 miles 8)

lonestar22
08-22-2007, 12:28 PM
ya ive had the timing belt done, i had it done at the dealership do u think they did the water pump too?
ill have to look up the receipts. i just did the plugs and wires recently, im gonna listen to u and do the things on that list that need to be done.

4-G-rim
08-22-2007, 02:28 PM
I would assume if you got your Tbelt changed at the dealer..they would of recommened to change your water pump. If they didn't...those service advisors and/or techs didn't do their job.

Check your service receipts...they should have a list of parts that were replaced and maybe a copy of the repair order.

TederickR
08-22-2007, 04:07 PM
That leak on your tranny, could be from the lower hose. Mine used to do it. And I seen a few galants that did that as well. I just went and changed it to a brand new hose, and went back with new clamps. This time I went with the clamps that has the slots in them. Since then, no problem. As far as the overheating, Is it loosing coolant when you check the radiator? Also be sure that the fans on the radiator are comming on at normal operating temp. Damin, I hate your axles went out on you. Mine are still orginal and still going strong, with no cracks in the boots with 125k :D

lonestar22
08-22-2007, 11:00 PM
well i also got the oikl changed today and when i popped the hood i noticed coolant in the expansion tank. i decided to add some water to the radiator anyway since it had been overheating since i left the dealership. it didnt overheat since

TederickR
08-23-2007, 06:47 AM
Well thats good to hear. Glad everthing is going smooth again.

pakisouljah
08-23-2007, 09:09 AM
hahaa good stuff man, congrats, i hit 100k a week or 2 ago

furiousgtz
08-23-2007, 09:25 AM
100K nice...

99 galant
08-23-2007, 06:00 PM
im rite behind you at 97 altho i only have owned the car since april with 93

TederickR
08-23-2007, 10:14 PM
I know I am late but it became official Oct 2006.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m49/liltela/thegalantcenter1.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m49/liltela/thegalantcenter2-1.jpg

run1206
08-23-2007, 10:33 PM
i think i'm gonna go with what 4-G-Rim said about the replacement parts as well, haven't changed them yet, but i don't wanna wait til they give out on me.
thanks

Cheekz185
08-23-2007, 11:57 PM
got the axles changed today. the car is smoother at highway speeds than it has ever been. its throwing a lean code, bank 1 or something like that. i did a flush around 80k, the thermostat is the original along with the radiator which looks fine and the water pump is also original. its probably about to give out huh? after a good inspection today i noticed there is what looks to be dried up radiator fluid on top of the transmission. im guessing theres a leak from the lower radiator hose. i have one of those sitting in my trunk.

What did it cost you to replace the axles?

lonestar22
08-24-2007, 11:51 PM

What did it cost you to replace the axles?

the axles are $150 each without having the core, if i did use that it would have been $65 :x

labor was $90/hr. at goodyear

Kid
09-27-2007, 12:26 AM
Congrats on making it to 100K...
:D

Kid