PDA

View Full Version : its finally time to start customizing

tgc8gdanno
08-22-2007, 08:10 PM
im finally going to order my shocks and springs tomoro. i have decided to buy KYB gr-2s and im not sure what springs but most likely they will be tein s-techs. the questions i have are what website would have the best prices for the gr-2s and the springs? also does anyone know a good mechanic shop in miami that would charge a good price for a well done install of everything? thanks for any replies in advanced

99 galant
08-22-2007, 08:36 PM
good luck and congrads

lKoRTy
08-22-2007, 08:38 PM
i got my gr2's off a member on here... and tein s-tech's the cheapest i got was on ebay.. but watch out for fake ones...
You can install everything yourself. it's really not that hard at all. There is a tutorial.. It will take you about 3-4 hours to do though sicne u never done it before. I can take off my fronts, dissassemble, re-assemble and put back on in 30-40 minutes lol.
Dont ask why.
But yeah. Ebay would be your #1 source.

dknight3
08-23-2007, 12:25 AM
i would recommend getting megan springs, teins just aren't low enough for my taste.
i will be switching shortly.

and yes you can do the install yourself, if i can do it, anyone can. takes about 8 hours, front and back. Also you will probably have to cut your back shocks because the nuts might be rusted on. Other than that its pretty straight-forward, there is a tutorial for it in the tutorials section and if you have any questions you can pm me, i pretty much live on tgc.

edit: also if you dont know were to buy the parts, www.wesellcarparts.com is a good place and i think you get a discount, you can hit the guy up on aim , his sn is wesellcarparts.

bellefontaine187
09-01-2007, 06:17 PM
i would definatly buy the tein s tech's from an authorized dealer.if not you might end up with ''zenn'' springs in a tein box. those are just some bullshit knock off lookalike green springs that will make your car ride horrible. i'd pony up the extra 25 bucks or so and get from an authorized dealer so youre guaranteed the real deal with the warantee. do a google search. the average price is any where from $150-$250. i am going to be putting in the gr-2's pretty soon too. i justneed to order them.

karn
09-27-2007, 05:17 PM
wut is gr-2's?? pls send me a mesage :/ i am also thinkin bout the same thing as this game.. buyin tein s tech performance lowering springs and some type of struts

bmore303
09-27-2007, 05:28 PM
GR-2's are produced by KYB. They essentially are just OEM replacement struts with "slightly" better ride quality from what I'm told. KYB also produces AGX's which are adjustable struts. You can have a more perfomance setting for AGX or comfort for daily driver.

karn
09-27-2007, 05:32 PM
oh fuk that then since my car is brand new i dont really need them.. i will jus get some lower springs.. shuld i go for tein s tech lowering springs or megans ?? which ones are smoother? i know megans lower the car more..

bmore303
09-27-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm not sure how long OEM struts will last with lowering springs. Maybe someone else can confirm this one.

karn
09-27-2007, 06:58 PM
then wuts a good company for struts?

bellefontaine187
09-27-2007, 08:44 PM
if your struts are new than its not nessessary.....ive been riding on stock shocks with the teins for like a year now and my shocks had over 50,000 miles on them when i installed the teins. my car rides great. get my car serviced regularly for maintainence and my shocks and struts are still fine even after a year with the teins. if your shocks are suspect, than they will probly wear out a little faster with the teins. the thing is that the tein s techs were made to work with the stock suspesion set up. they were designed to work with stock shocks and struts. i will eventually upgrade to either a kyb agx set up with my teins or just start over with an adjustable coilover setup.

kolio
09-27-2007, 09:09 PM
wut is gr-2's?? pls send me a mesage :/ i am also thinkin bout the same thing as this game.. buyin tein s tech performance lowering springs and some type of struts

dude please research. therre is a search button at the top.

GR-2's are not meant for lowering more than 1.5" or 2". they can handle small drops but not over 2". and the ride is stiffer with GR-2's i know because i have em. not much but a little bit stiffer

AGX are the strong as shocks that are for drops 2" +

shovelman
09-27-2007, 09:29 PM
im gonna get GR-2s b/c my car sits about an inch lower on the driver side than the passanger side...my suspension is original from 97...61k on the car