PDA

View Full Version : Paint Choices

alexvr
08-25-2007, 01:27 AM
so i MIGHT be getting some money to paint the car but its not for sure yet but i wanted to get opinions as to wat color i should paint it if i do now or later....my choices are between gloss black, metallic black or is350 pearl white....i have the CF hood and Gunmetal rims. wat do u guys think?

4g63lover
08-25-2007, 01:43 AM
I say go with the pearl white!

fatal1
08-25-2007, 01:52 AM
well if your all about paying the money to have a quality full color change and want to do that i say go for it, but your car does look good in black so i would personally go with the black but with a nice metalic or pearl coat added to it something to make it stand out without completely changing over the entire color

dknight3
08-25-2007, 02:47 AM
its up to you man you cant go wrong with white or black. but i say you paint the hood too.

Divinity
08-25-2007, 02:58 AM
well if your all about paying the money to have a quality full color change and want to do that i say go for it, but your car does look good in black so i would personally go with the black but with a nice metalic or pearl coat added to it something to make it stand out without completely changing over the entire color

x2 i like the added pearl or metallic idea

Reelax
08-25-2007, 05:36 AM
lexus spitfire pearl is a VERY nice color (CALI's car is very close to this color)... but if your gonna do a full color change, expect about $3000.00 minimum (i paid more and i went from '99 only minden silver pearl to MBZ diamond silver pearl... very close but more blue in the latter). they are going to have to take your car pretty mutch completely apart to do it right (doors hood trunk, all trim)... if you're not willing to do the jambs, entire hood and trunk (both sides) and have the paint baked w/ at least 3 sprays color and 2 clears, wet sanded after every coat, don't change the color too radically from what is on it right now. radical color change is much harder to hide imperfections than a respray of a similar color. btw, keep in mind BILLET has lexus is300 gunmetal gray w/ half sprayed CF monster hood, and you guys have the same kit.

... a color that i almost went w/ that would look dope on a galant w/ CF is MBZ granite gray (color code 747) go see it in person as the catalogs don't show it's true look; it's like a darker than grey pearl. also go look at MBZ black opal (color code 189).

9G
08-25-2007, 06:20 AM
To me, CF hoods never looks good with darker painted cars. I pick white.

galant305
08-25-2007, 11:53 AM
the only think that i can say alex , its i f you gonna paint in white the whole car , you gonna need a lot of money(for a good paint job,
of course)

cbwdevil
08-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Go with the pearl white.

alexvr
08-25-2007, 06:57 PM
relaxx, yea i am expecting around that price fpr a goood job but im not sure were i would go around here, i would have to look around...thanks for the opinion guys!!! i am waiting on 5000 so i hope i get it soon and thats if it goes thru. i just didnt want to go a diff color because if its not done right then u will see black in some spots n thats gay, but i love that color

dronesurfboards
08-25-2007, 07:33 PM
cant go wrong with panda style... :D

beam514
08-25-2007, 08:00 PM
is 350 pearl white... *drools*

legendx
08-26-2007, 10:27 AM
Split the difference and go two-tone pearl and black pearl

2kgalant
08-27-2007, 07:07 AM
Here the Lexus IS250 Glacier Frost Mica:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/gqgalant/DSCN0751.jpg
It looks white sometimes, gray sometimes, and it has ALOT of blue pearl in it. I LOVE IT :D

alexvr
08-27-2007, 10:52 AM
dam that looks nice!! so wats the difference between the glacier and the lexus spitfire pearl??

2kgalant
09-05-2007, 01:09 AM
dam that looks nice!! so wats the difference between the glacier and the lexus spitfire pearl??
I believe they are talking about lexus starfire pearl. The difference between the two is that the Glacier Frost Mica has more of the blue pearl effect in the sun. Either way, you can't go wrong with these two colors. I paid a total of $3500. I had EVERYTHING taken apart (even my front and back windshields). I also had my carbon hood and trunk recleared. I suggest you do the same to your hood. Good Luck!

alexvr
09-06-2007, 12:11 AM
thanks, yea i hope this goes thru and ill have a new paint job along with a full tune up :)