PDA

View Full Version : blacking out dome lights?

lKoRTy
08-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Since i wasnt satisfied with my dome lights i went ahead and bought the led ones (red :twisted: ). One of those square types. So i installed it and all, but now its too bright lol. Not the light, but just the led's are very powerful so if you look directly at them u will obviously get blinded a lil lol. So i was thinking is there any kind of way to maybe 'tint' them a lil so the light will become more 'maroonish' and less BRIGHT?

Divinity
08-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Maybe buy some window tint from like Autozone or Pepboys, a very small roll, and place it on the inside, maybe like 35% tint.

thebirdman13
08-27-2007, 08:54 PM
so... don't look at them... honestly, the brighter the better when it comes to the interior... i can NEVER find anything at night with the stock lights...

lKoRTy
08-27-2007, 09:23 PM
me neither thats hwy i changed them. plus ladiez like red color inside when its dark outside ;-) But it's literally very bright lol

Divinity
08-27-2007, 09:28 PM
I must have got lucky with my car, because with the stock interior lights I can see fine... especially as many times I've lost my cell in the cracks of that car (oh, and that carpet area under the passenger seat)

But yeah, try the window tint... that way if you don't like it, you can just peel it off.

bmore303
08-27-2007, 09:31 PM
Window tint is probably to safest if you don't like it. I know there are some people that have used dye on dome lights to give a different shade of color or tint them a bit. Like that RIT stuff.