PDA

View Full Version : jdm power folding mirrors

03_silver_8g
08-27-2007, 10:56 PM
so...does the switch for the jdm mirrors fit into the 02-03 usdm spot for the switch for the usdm mirrors? and if i were to order the whole kit and kaboodle (mirrors w/ switch and wiring) would it require any rewiring? or would it just go on. 'cause i have non-power factory mirrors (DE)

spdracr
08-28-2007, 01:05 AM
the switch wont fit for the fact that it has a different setup so my guess is u can use the dremel to make the hole for the stock one bigger to fit

now im now sure about wiring but it should be easy cus the only difference i think is one extra wire

im planning on those soon cuz someone told me u can wire those to ur alarm and they fold when u arm and open when u disarm

good luck

Reelax
08-28-2007, 01:41 AM
depends on the alarm (additional control modules and relays may be rquired) but any power folding mirror can be activated to fold/unfold w/ the alarm. mine fold on arm but can be unfolded independent of disarm via the remote or the switch I added between the mirror and fog switches.

spdracr
08-28-2007, 01:49 AM
depends on the alarm (additional control modules and relays may be rquired) but any power folding mirror can be activated to fold/unfold w/ the alarm. mine fold on arm but can be unfolded independent of disarm via the remote or the switch I added between the mirror and fog switches.

like the viper and clifford alarms where u need extra modules for extra features like windows up and down and such

Reelax
08-28-2007, 01:56 AM
bingo. my windows and sunroof all close on arm as well.

03_silver_8g
08-28-2007, 03:52 PM
i don't understand how the wiring would be different, because the switch that comes with it is the switch that comes with it when you buy it...meaning wouldn't the wiring be all the same?

and would adding the mirrors/windows to the alarm system be a diy job or would you want to pay someone to do that?

03_silver_8g
08-28-2007, 03:54 PM
also, what's a good price to pay for these, used. 'cause i'm bidding and i would like to hear from you guys what you paid or what's good so i don't go too terribly high.

Reelax
08-28-2007, 04:06 PM
i don't understand how the wiring would be different, because the switch that comes with it is the switch that comes with it when you buy it...meaning wouldn't the wiring be all the same?

and would adding the mirrors/windows to the alarm system be a diy job or would you want to pay someone to do that?

depends. is the DE prewired for power mirrors? are you competent enough to make this a DIY (can you use a multimeter to ID the wire functions)? you will be tapping into the existing wire harness on both sides (door harness and dash harness) if that harness is even there, otherwise you will have to run new wires (like 5 or 6) from the switch to each mirror though the front door hinges. when u buy the JDM folding mirrors, they don't come w/ a full harness, just cut wires on both ends (mirror and switch). it's up to you to ID the OE wires to tap into. wiring into the alarm is just as easy if you understand alarms and what triggers do what. most alarms (unless they are really high end) require extra relays and timers so you don't burn out the wiring and motors. i'm running my arm and fold off an add-on window roll up module and relays.

03_silver_8g
08-28-2007, 04:19 PM
i don't think it's prewired....if it doesn't have them wouldn't that mean it's not prewired? maybe not. but would it be easier and would i not have to ID the wires if it wasn't prewired?

$ price?

Reelax
08-28-2007, 09:24 PM
it will be much harder if your car doesn't allready have the wires going though the door jambs (prewired). it's still not all that hard but if you haven't had experience w/ car wiring this may be tough for you.

mrjaydeeone
08-28-2007, 09:40 PM
I paid like 150 for mine including shipping off EBAY last year. I know that some people have paid about 150 and then shipping, and some people have paid even more or less than I did

Jeffylou87
08-29-2007, 02:50 AM
Even with power mirrors already.. It was a bitch.. You have to mix and match wires that are different colors.. You have to follow a chart that floating around here somewhere.. Took me about an hour to get the whole thing done..

03_silver_8g
08-29-2007, 12:16 PM
i would think it would be more difficult to do the actual wiring with it prewired because you have to mess with different colored wires. if it wasn't prewired, wouldn't the wires be the same from the jdm switch to the jdm mirrors?

only thing that would be a problem is running wires thru the door and all the way to the other side.

fatal1
08-29-2007, 12:23 PM
the switch fits in the hole for the stock mirror controlls but it is a little smaller and dosnt clip in, all you have to do is put it in there and use a silicone adhesive or something to secure it in place

Jeffylou87
08-29-2007, 11:18 PM
I somehow managed to squeeze my switch in the stock spot..

alexvr
08-29-2007, 11:37 PM
i got mine for 89 shipped BUT i wasnt able to pay so i had to let them go :(

spdracr
08-29-2007, 11:41 PM
did all of u guys who has the mirrors got the correct lens for them ??? the price i got for the lenses was 80 bucks shipped and right now im not planning on spending that much cuz i just dont have more money to waste on the car at the moment but down the road i will probably get it

o1naturalhigh
08-29-2007, 11:45 PM
where'd you get the lens from?? i need one

spdracr
08-30-2007, 12:03 AM
where'd you get the lens from?? i need one

u need 1 or 2 ?? PM Goosey2099 and he will take care of u