PDA

View Full Version : New Grille for 8G??

Mike_Rom
08-28-2007, 10:48 AM
I have a white 8G and i want to change the grille. I dont really like the look of the stock chrome one. I have seen many different ones on here and I am just looking for some opinions on a new grille for my car. Let me know what you think.

IceDouTGaLanT
08-28-2007, 12:41 PM
most of the grills are JDM, which require you needing JDM heads. Simple project you can do is take ur old grill off, cut all those vertical fins and sand/bando then paint to whateva color you like.

2002ShadowDeamon
08-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Okay, but how about options for the 8g like mine where the bumper has that center piece that comes up with the inserts on either side. So far, most of the cars i have seen have the JDM head and grill, but i dont want to change my whole front end just yet. Any ideas for that.

IceDouTGaLanT
08-28-2007, 12:58 PM
hmm theirs not much for you^ unless u change ur front end..Only thing i seen people do is remove them completey, or cut the vertical lines and put mesh in them

2002ShadowDeamon
08-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Yeah, thats kinda what i figured. I've been thinking of things that i could do, but keep coming up empty-handed. But thanks anyway.

Mike_Rom
08-28-2007, 01:04 PM
Yeah, thats kinda what i figured. I've been thinking of things that i could do, but keep coming up empty-handed. But thanks anyway.

I know ebay has a couple options.. Just got to ebaymotors.com and type galant grille.. it will pull up some uptions for you.

2002ShadowDeamon
08-28-2007, 01:07 PM
Cool, thanks

galant3jl12's
08-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Click on my page link here and you can see what I did. It's not a big deal but better than stock. I didn't mind the stock look too bad so I just spruced it up a bit.

Divinity
08-28-2007, 03:04 PM
^^^ it looks really good too. Seen it in person ;)

Also for 02-03 grilles. People color match them to their car color. That's what I did to mine (okay going from gray to black doesn't make that much of a difference I know). I've seen a few that put mesh behind the fins, also some that cut out the fins and place mesh inside just like the 99-01 grille. Ebay sometimes carry chrome ones, I've also seen plastic mesh style on ebay.