PDA

View Full Version : look what i just bought :)

spdracr
08-28-2007, 08:51 PM
click here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280146368090)

03_silver_8g
08-28-2007, 08:58 PM
me

spdracr
08-28-2007, 09:08 PM
u should've put higher bid i mean i expected to pay like at least $100 without shipping

03_silver_8g
08-28-2007, 09:12 PM
i really wanted those too... :(

o well, i guess i'll just have to wait...

i'm kickin myself now cuz i woulda paid higher than that, just didn't think to put in as much as i was willing to pay. just didn't think anyone would bid that high.

but congrats. they're nice.

IceDouTGaLanT
08-28-2007, 09:12 PM
good deal man..i needa find a deal like that now. So then we both can wire em up together haha

Divinity
08-28-2007, 09:17 PM
All this hype about folding mirrors... maybe I should jump on the bandwagon. Good purchase.

9G
08-28-2007, 09:23 PM
nice.

spdracr
08-28-2007, 09:26 PM
i really wanted those too... :(

o well, i guess i'll just have to wait...

i'm kickin myself now cuz i woulda paid higher than that, just didn't think to put in as much as i was willing to pay. just didn't think anyone would bid that high.

but congrats. they're nice.

i used the old trick and it always works too, i waited until the last 20 seconds and i threw my highest bid and i won. the reason these once interest me more than the others is that they have the tweeters

spdracr
08-28-2007, 09:28 PM
good deal man..i needa find a deal like that now. So then we both can wire em up together haha

keep an eye on ebay and u will find a deal like that

fatal1
08-28-2007, 10:01 PM
nice buy bro i love mine, but it will take some time to wire up lol

Reelax
08-28-2007, 10:19 PM
contact DOMINICANO for LHD glass if these are RHD (which these should be if they are JDM).

mrjaydeeone
08-28-2007, 10:26 PM
I didn't know that Rich could get the glass. I got mine through Goosey2099. He can get it for sure.

spdracr
08-28-2007, 11:27 PM
thanks guys, no wiring this shouldn't be that hard since my car comes with power mirrors and i just need to run the illumination wire and the everything else should be the same. right ?? im comfortable with wiring as long as its not too complicated and im willing to learn and experiment

mtcavity1
08-28-2007, 11:43 PM
Very sweet find man. :)

Reelax
08-29-2007, 12:36 AM
I didn't know that Rich could get the glass. I got mine through Goosey2099. He can get it for sure.

DOMINICANO's name popped into my head for some reason, maybe he talked about it in an old thread? in any case I knew it was one of the New York crew.

spdracr
08-29-2007, 01:04 AM
$75 + shipping for a lens ??? are u for real ??? can someone explain to me why is it that much ???can someone explain to me please

thanks

mrjaydeeone
08-29-2007, 01:07 AM

DOMINICANO's name popped into my head for some reason, maybe he talked about it in an old thread? in any case I knew it was one of the New York crew.
LOL. I spoke to Roman about it before, and he remembers something about domicano as well. hmm

$75 + shipping for a lens ??? are u for real ??? can someone explain to me why is it that much ???can someone explain to me please

thanks
who said 75 plus shipping for a lense?

Jeffylou87
08-29-2007, 01:09 AM
Wiring is insane!!!!! Different colors.. There's a chart that I got from FrankMB back when he was active of the color matching.. Good luck.. took me about an hour 1/2...

spdracr
08-29-2007, 01:25 AM

LOL. I spoke to Roman about it before, and he remembers something about domicano as well. hmm

thanks

ok ok let me calm down first and think for a minute, i Pmed GOOSEY2099 like u told me but i just remembered that i didnt specify that im looking for the lens i said that i was told that he is the one to ask for JDM mirrors and he said yes $75+shipping so im assuming that he is talkin about the mirrors itself not the lens, but if thats the case then that's cheaper than what i paid

let me contact him again and see

spdracr
08-29-2007, 01:28 AM
Wiring is insane!!!!! Different colors.. There's a chart that I got from FrankMB back when he was active of the color matching.. Good luck.. took me about an hour 1/2...

do u mind sharing that chart ???

spdracr
08-29-2007, 04:10 PM

thanks

Goosey2099 confirmed that it will cost me $75 for both lenses and $5 for shipping

this is insane, i bought my mirrors for 131.00 and its gonna cost me 80.00 for 2 lenses ??

what is so special about those mirrors ??? i mean arent they just regular mirrors cut to the perfect fit and then all i have to do is swap the ones on the mirrors with them ?? if thats the case then why is he charging so much ????????????

Reelax
08-29-2007, 04:21 PM

thanks

Goosey2099 confirmed that it will cost me $75 for both lenses and $5 for shipping

this is insane, i bought my mirrors for 131.00 and its gonna cost me 80.00 for 2 lenses ??

what is so special about those mirrors ??? i mean arent they just regular mirrors cut to the perfect fit and then all i have to do is swap the ones on the mirrors with them ?? if thats the case then why is he charging so much ????????????

supply and demand. do you have another option on where to get the LHD glass? if you don't then someone who can, can charge whatever they want. btw, $75.00 sounds reasonable to me.

spdracr
08-29-2007, 04:31 PM

thanks

supply and demand. do you have another option on where to get the LHD glass? if you don't then someone who can, can charge whatever they want. btw, $75.00 sounds reasonable to me.

supply and demand sounds right but clear something up Reelax, am i buying a regular lens or special automotive lens ??? cuz there's few places around me that cuts mirror and i know i can go there and try

alexvr
08-29-2007, 11:53 PM
LMAO i won these for 89 i think but i couldnt pay since i had some money problems that i had to deal with first so i let it go.....RELAX ok so y r those lenses needed??? so he cant just slap on the mirrors just like that??

spdracr
08-29-2007, 11:59 PM
LMAO i won these for 89 i think but i couldnt pay since i had some money problems that i had to deal with first so i let it go.....RELAX ok so y r those lenses needed??? so he cant just slap on the mirrors just like that??

since these are from japan its a right hand driver which means the left mirror is convex and the right one is not so we need to get them switched to make them compatible to our left hand driver

i can slap them but it will look very different than the stock ones as the viewing angle will be different

alexvr
08-30-2007, 12:27 AM
thats gay, i never knew that, forget that man, personally i wanted them because they fold but the stock mirrors look nice, if u look at them, they arent bad looking mirrors, they look alot bettter than the jdm but the jdm r sexy because they fold lol

spdracr
08-30-2007, 12:35 AM
well the other reason i got them is because once i get my clifford alarm installed i wanna hook them up where it will fold and unfold when i arm and disarm

alexvr
08-30-2007, 01:17 AM
now thats a hot idea!!

spdracr
08-30-2007, 01:36 AM
now thats a hot idea!!

i know Reelax has it done to his and im guessing theres few other out there too

mrjaydeeone
08-30-2007, 09:20 AM
that's just how much they cost. You just happened to get a great price for the mirrors. Alot of people paid like 200 for them and then shipped