PDA

View Full Version : F*ckin Akimoto Intake!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mindless
12-14-2002, 10:25 PM
Popped the hood to while I ws changing the oil in my car the other night and what do I see but the cone filter from my akimoto intake laying seperated from the "base" (i.e. the metal piece that bolts to the MAS). Keep in mind that it's all supposed to be one piece not two.

Anyway my first question is do you think I danaged my engine at all? It was only off at the most 2 days b/c I was screwing around under the hood a couple of days ago and it was fine. Secondly what should I use to re-attach it? I was thinking maybe JB weld, any suggestions? For the time being I just put duct tape around the bottom of the filter to hold it to the base. I knew I should have just made a CAI.

Thanks fellas, holla

Kain
12-14-2002, 10:31 PM
1st: You really should only go with a name you trust when buying important parts of your car (an air filter is definitely included) I'd suggest you spend the extra $ and get a K&N. Guaranteed for 1 million miles, so you know it's not gonna be falling apart anytime soon.

2nd: Do you live in a desert, on the coast, in the great white north (Canada/Alaska), or someplace where the air is unbelivability dirty? If none of the above, you're probably fine running for a little while with "no" filter. I mean, lots of race cars run races with no filters and it dosen't really harm them any. But, you should definitely replace it. I wouldn't bother doing anything beyond a quick fix.

pinoyesv6
12-15-2002, 03:33 PM
to be on the safe side, you might also wanna break out some throttle body cleaner and clean things out. when i recieved my car back from the shop, they put the manel filter on backwards, so i was blowing all the old dirt into the car while filtering the new dirt. as a result, i was getting rough idleing. i only had the car for a day or so but the tb was hella dirty. cleaned things up and things are running good as new