PDA

View Full Version : exhaust tip

lgalban
08-14-2002, 07:46 PM
hey folks, i'm new. I have a 01 galant LS. I'm in the Dallas area. 8) great site, where could i buy a chrome exhaust tip to fit my car.......thanks

J. T. Z.
08-14-2002, 09:40 PM
Welcome to TGC! Next time please post in the correct forum.
Topic moved.

Tiller
08-15-2002, 01:04 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lgalban)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey folks, i'm new. I have a 01 galant LS. I'm in the Dallas area. 8) Â*great site, where could i buy a chrome exhaust tip to fit my car.......thanks</div>

exhaust tips are fuckin ghey... buy a muffler for like $80...

T.S.
08-15-2002, 05:02 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lgalban)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey folks, i'm new. I have a 01 galant LS. I'm in the Dallas area. 8) Â*great site, where could i buy a chrome exhaust tip to fit my car.......thanks</div>

Welcome to TGC also.....

Most auto parts stores probably, I bet it will even install with a single screw, lolz, please dont put one of those on your car https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

Fishboy55
08-15-2002, 07:30 AM
Welcome to TGC. Hey guys lighten up. Maybe he doesn't want to put a muffler on and change the stock one. Maybe he's just looking for looks, not sound or performance.

Anyway, try the Bosal/Brospeed site HERE ('http://www.bosal.com/Busa/index_busa_bim.html') to get an idea of what's available. And don't get a bad impression of the site based on those first couple responses. We're here to help each other.

Chip

T.S.
08-15-2002, 08:03 AM
Sorry, when I hear chrome exhaust tip, I just get a really bad picture of something that was $5 in the car customization aisle at wal-mart between the yosemite sam mud flaps and the chrome naked women, and then really badly installed with like a drywall screw. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

I have also seen some nice ones before if you don't want to go with a full exhaust, Bosal/Brospeed does usually has nice stuff, as the person above mentioned. As long as you dont get a really cheap one, it should still look good. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Cyniket
08-15-2002, 08:13 AM
OR you could just save up a 200-300 dollars to get you a decent exhaust system that comes with a tip and give you sound and performance, and example would be Arospeed, I don't prefer them but they are still good, I myself prefer something like Greddy. 8)

Nick VR4
08-15-2002, 08:40 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>Welcome to TGC. Hey guys lighten up. Maybe he doesn't want to put a muffler on and change the stock one. Maybe he's just looking for looks, not sound or performance. Â*

Anyway, try the Bosal/Brospeed site HERE ('http://www.bosal.com/Busa/index_busa_bim.html') to get an idea of what's available. And don't get a bad impression of the site based on those first couple responses. We're here to help each other.

Chip</div>

Maybe the guys hasnt got loads of spare $$$ and just want to make it look better
I dont know about US car insurance but in UK you start modding cars insurance companies start increasing costs and wanting independent engineering reports or they wont insure you

Cyniket
08-15-2002, 08:51 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nick VR4)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>Welcome to TGC. Hey guys lighten up. Maybe he doesn't want to put a muffler on and change the stock one. Maybe he's just looking for looks, not sound or performance. Â*

Chip</div>

Maybe the guys hasnt got loads of spare $$$ and just want to make it look better
I dont know about US car insurance but in UK you start modding cars insurance companies start increasing costs and wanting independent engineering reports or they wont insure you</div>

In US it's pretty much how your car comes stock. And a lot of the times imports are more depending on HP and how exotic they are. Like there could be an 450hp+ Dodge Viper GTS and an Honda Del Sol Dual Over head V-TEC with 200 horses and where I live it seems the Del Sol would kill in Insurance over the Viper. But I understand in some cases, no. But then again it all depends on how old you are, driving record and all that jibber jabber. Insurance is gay, but I know it's worth it if you trash your car or it gets stolen.

Tiller
08-15-2002, 11:00 AM
all the Honduh ripping i see, and you guys are condoning an exhuast tip...?

Riiiiight :roll:

pinoyesv6
08-15-2002, 11:08 AM
a muffler tip IMO is a waste of money. i paid about 50 dollars for the tip and then another 60 to install. for another 12 dollars i coulda got that bosal muffler installed on my car. not only do i get the look but i get a lil bit more peforamance gain. unless for some reason its illegal to put on an aftermaket muffler on your car, id go with the muffler

Fishboy55
08-15-2002, 01:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>all the Honduh ripping i see, and you guys are condoning an exhuast tip...?

Riiiiight :roll:</div>

What do those two things have to do with each other? An exhaust tip looks a whole lot better than the stock pipe if you're not adding a muffler for the reasons I already stated. I didn't condone adding a coffee can tip to the back of his car. And the Bosal site doesn't make them. There are some good looking tips out there that don't look like or have anything to do with Honduhs. Don't start acting like Sobe. One of those is enough on this board. :roll:

Auto-9
08-15-2002, 02:50 PM
My muffler didn't come with an exhaust tip...

Supernova
08-15-2002, 05:55 PM
Would a new muffler bump up the hp a bit?

Jimbo
08-19-2002, 12:55 PM
Hey man, I got a decent one from autozone when I first got my car. i dont know if u have them there but it was about 14 bucks and all you have to do it tighten 3 screws to put it on. Just as a suggestion, make sure that you have really tightened the screws well and dont push up on the tip, the way that the muffler is shaped, it will always become loose if you push up on it. Good luck.

pinoyesv6
08-19-2002, 08:54 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'>Would a new muffler bump up the hp a bit?</div>

in most cases yea but i doubt u'd feel it significantly with ur butt dyno.

lgalban
08-19-2002, 11:12 PM
Wow! you guys are serious from just a simple question. Chip is right, all that i want to do is dress it up a little.
I'm a proud Galant owner just like the rest of you.
Mine is an 01 LS, loaded, factory leather, spoiler, sunroof, metallic green. I keep her clean and she's sweet. She has metalized performance tint, added mudflaps, it has a factory 200 watt infinity stereo w/ seven speakers and CD player.
If you guys don't mind I'll decide when I want mods done on my car. This is a great site, but a few of you get just a little bit excited when a question is asked, not everyone wants to change their car up, please calm down.

If this site has moderators you may want to do some moderating. Foul and abusive language should stop. Keep it professional, informative and of course you always need a little humor. thanks

Tiller
08-19-2002, 11:38 PM
yo man.... for the 20 bills you will spend on a tip, another $60 will get you the muffler... i understand you are not going for performance... so just get a nice universal with a good looking tip, and you'll get the nice sound i'm sure you are looking for as well...

Sorry, exhaust tips are for hillbillies with F150's... IMO...

Auto-9
08-20-2002, 12:16 AM
By the way I noticed you said your car came with the 200 watt factory system...is there a typo on my window sticker or did you mess up...mine says 210. If it's false advertising maybe I could gain a few bucks for mods https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

lgalban
08-20-2002, 05:04 PM
no typo, it says 200 watt