PDA

View Full Version : are those worth it ?

spdracr
08-30-2007, 10:07 PM
Click (http://www.depoautolights.com/index.php?cPath=46_83url)

are they worth it ? would u buy them ?? im just looking for general opinion since im just tryin to lay out what im gonna do to my car and how much its gonna cost and im just shopping around for now

thanks in advance

Divinity
08-30-2007, 10:23 PM
If you are planning to do a show car, then sure get them. If it's gonna be a daily driver... then I would say no.

spdracr
08-30-2007, 10:25 PM
my car is a daily driver now but once i get another one soon it wont be a daily driver, i hope not at least since im gonna lower it and put some 19s on it and with the roads we have in jersey my car will hate me forever if it becomes a daily driver :D

but the question remains, are they worth it or should i get more expensive/different brand ??

03_silver_8g
08-30-2007, 10:29 PM
IMHO, if you want fancy doors, get a lambo....but that's me talkin' :D

i don't think galants are the best cars to get lambo/vertical/suicide doors...but i'm not sayin' it doesn't look good for those who have it. i just wouldn't spend the money for those kind of doors for a g.

Niytrus
08-30-2007, 10:32 PM
Just made sure you get something that has proper support

depoautolights
08-30-2007, 10:44 PM
they are very good in both quality and support, they are better than the 75degree type, they go 90degree...it is the same thing as the gt factory, works the same no difference..you can get the more expensive type...only difference is that the more expensive is a direct bolt on but you will still do some minor mods, the other style, you have to do minor mods also like drilling and welding...on bolt on you dont have to do any drilling...but with the more expensive you get 75 degree movement in most cases...all in all installation for both types will cost the same

lonestar22
08-31-2007, 12:17 AM
i dont think 90 degree looks that good but the 75s are nice but here are the problems you will run into.

-your a pillar may knick your door panel if someone lets it up too early
-when up they may sway a little when the wind blows
-people you dont know may try to force your door farther open than it goes and hit themselves
-if your car is parked on a slope or doors may not stay all the way up
-over time your doors may begin to fall down, not all the way but a few inches slowly
-some kits dont let your door open enough to get out before u let it up, meaning u have to let it up at all times
-depending on the installer, the doors may or may not line and seal properly

this is just the experience ive had with the lambo doors installed on my friends Z. unlike most though, they open enough to not have to let them up. unlike the website states, they dont seal completely, we get soaked at drive through car washes. just giving u a heads up on what u may or may not expect

spdracr
08-31-2007, 08:47 AM
i dont think 90 degree looks that good but the 75s are nice but here are the problems you will run into.

-your a pillar may knick your door panel if someone lets it up too early
-when up they may sway a little when the wind blows
-people you dont know may try to force your door farther open than it goes and hit themselves
-if your car is parked on a slope or doors may not stay all the way up
-over time your doors may begin to fall down, not all the way but a few inches slowly
-some kits dont let your door open enough to get out before u let it up, meaning u have to let it up at all times
-depending on the installer, the doors may or may not line and seal properly

this is just the experience ive had with the lambo doors installed on my friends Z. unlike most though, they open enough to not have to let them up. unlike the website states, they dont seal completely, we get soaked at drive through car washes. just giving u a heads up on what u may or may not expect

so i should just get the 75 instead and i should be fine

n3oAcid24
08-31-2007, 08:48 AM
nope.....