PDA

View Full Version : Help on dropping the g-ride

LatinGalant
12-15-2002, 11:42 AM
Need help please, I ordered today some rims for the galant 17inch Exel DL-46 from WheelMax ($950 with tires and bolt kit is that a good price?). Well they told me that I am going to have to lowert the Galant or it's going to look like it's flying. I am really in a crunch money wise with the economy being the way it is and bought the rims only because I need new tires bad. Well what I need to know is what products are cheap and good and what tools are needed to accomplish this. I have compressed springs restoring my dad's 67 corvette is this going to be similar. I was told to drop the front 1.5 inches and the back 2 inches. Is this to much. Please advise. Thanks very much.

LatinGalant
12-15-2002, 11:44 AM
Also I don't want to have to hit every speed bump at an angle I want to drive like normal just not have a huge as space between the tire and wheel well

NRG
12-15-2002, 11:50 AM
If you want a drop but not too much, you should probably buy the Eibach Pro kit. It gives around 1.3-1.5" drop......Price is around 200 or less if you get a good deal...

Ghost Beat
12-15-2002, 02:56 PM
ya id say go with lowerign springs if you want a better ride coils you get the control over the drop but the ride is preety bad compared to stock