PDA

View Full Version : just curious on 6g turbo

Proud Galant Driver
12-15-2002, 10:48 PM
im just curious about this and prob will never bother doing it

is it possible to put a turbo on the 92 galant 2.0 SOHC?

how much would it cost?

what work would have to be done to prep and get it in there?

also if u have the 2.0 DOCH galant is it any easier or harder to do.

like i said, just curious

thanks

[FIN]Teme
12-24-2002, 05:45 AM
yes it's possible i think.
I saw one in some english website, it costed ab. 3500$
and they said it would give ab. 100hp more..
search with google or something, sure u will find it. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

PaulBlackGSX
12-24-2002, 02:22 PM
Well in theory it is possible to turbo charge just about any engine. The SOHC and DOHC 2.0 galant engines are nothing different. I'm pretty sure (not a Galant expert so someone correct me if I am wrong), both versions of the 4G63. If this is the case, most of the turbo parts from an Eclipse/Talon/Laser or turbo galant will bolt right up. However, one of the things you must be cautious of and consider is that neither of non-turbo versions of the 4G63 really come designed to be boosted. For 3500 dollars (which sounds about right), I would seriously consider picking up a 4G63T. You can find used versions of this engine for pretty cheap (~1200 for the engine, I would consider getting the tranny as well since I don't know how strong the Galant tranny is). Most of these used Japanese engines come with the injectors, turbo, manifolds, etc that would be necessary for a turbo charged engine. This will also give you the upgraded internals which are designed to with stand the boost.

It would mean an engine swap project and would probably also take some other items such as a different ECU and prehaps some additional sensors and components, but this would probably give you best bang for the buck without having to worry about destroying an engine that wasn't designed to handle boost pressure.

Galant GK1
12-30-2002, 02:50 PM
from what i've heard jus a bolt on turbo should work n the 4g63 engine should hold up to the boost, but if u eventually get serious bout putting in a turbo i would definatly recommend looking into it more jus t be sure.

ken inn
12-30-2002, 04:36 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Galant GK1)</div><div class='quotemain'>from what i've heard jus a bolt on turbo should work n the 4g63 engine should hold up to the boost, but if u eventually get serious bout putting in a turbo i would definatly recommend looking into it more jus t be sure.</div>
this aint like putting tires on a car. you can probably get it to bolt up, but you have no timing control, no fuel control, no knock control, no boost control, and you have higher compression pistons. stock boost on this car is 10.5 lbs, and the nt cars use a smaller clutch, different trans, probably smaller axles, yada, yada. this question comes up ALL the time. and yep, there are some diehards who have done it. but, unless you are willing to spend a LOT of money, you will never have as good a car as the factory turbo car. for the money, you cannot beat nitrous.

Proud Galant Driver
01-08-2003, 11:01 PM
how much would it cost to put a 14b turbo on? i stumbled across one froma colt/mirage for 150.