PDA

View Full Version : Damn, I need help !!

galAZNt
08-14-2002, 08:15 PM
Its been raining all day (still is) and on the way home I drove through a big a$$ puddle of water. Then immeadiately I hear a real loud crackling noise coming from my front tire, the brake light goes ON, the battery light goes ON, and i lose my power steering. I pulled over and let it sit for a while and start driving again. The noise is gone but all of the above remain plus my temperature went up. Luckily I got home just in time. Any ideas of what components got messed up?? Thanxs. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

manybrews
08-14-2002, 10:13 PM
sounds like you may have tossed a drive belt.

MitsuMan
08-15-2002, 07:33 AM
check your electricals

pinoyesv6
08-15-2002, 10:52 AM
check your belts. they way u described it, your battery light came on cuz the alternator is runnign slower than normal, power steering went out cuz nothing is driving that either, and same with the power assisted brakes

galAZNt
08-15-2002, 10:58 AM
i checked it this morning and found that one of the belts pooped. Its the one closer to the wheel. i'm guessing is the drive belt. It is hard to install?? or should i get it done by a shop. thanxs

pinoyesv6
08-15-2002, 11:27 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galAZNt)</div><div class='quotemain'>i checked it this morning and found that one of the belts pooped. Â*Its the one closer to the wheel. Â*i'm guessing is the drive belt. Â*It is hard to install?? or should i get it done by a shop. Â*thanxs</div>

its kinda easy to install, you like working in tight places? got all the tools to do so? if yet, then you probably can do it. if not then just leave it to a mechanic, cheap job, i remember i had a problem similar to that, brought it to the mechanic with a belt, gave him a soda and all was fixed

manybrews
08-15-2002, 04:54 PM
something you should know about is that the crankshaft pulley is probably seperating. driving through a puddle should NOT be enough to toss a belt.
if indeed the crank pulley is seperating, a new belt is going to fly off again quickly.