PDA

View Full Version : 9g shift knob on an 8g?

underated
09-03-2007, 04:07 AM
has anybody done this? the 8g knob is huge and i'm not really feelin any of the aftermarket ones but i really like the stock 9g...

if someone has pictures that would be great thanks

galant305
09-03-2007, 10:33 AM
i like this one ,its a levoc napolex ,
http://i6.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/a4/14/4bcb_1.JPG

komodo
09-03-2007, 02:26 PM
That's a nice nob.. I'd rock that

underated
09-03-2007, 04:07 PM
the only reason i'm not liking the aftermarket ones is because they look really tall... i drove a 9g the other day and the shifter was short and small almost like a manual shifter

bellefontaine187
09-03-2007, 05:04 PM
i have the razo quick shifter....i just got it last week...its buttonless, so more or less the knob is spring loaded and acts as the actuall button itself. u just push down on it and shift. i didnt even have to trim off any of the plastic piece that others had to cut to put on their aftermarket shifters. the knob is really nice. i sits nice and low. and it comes in like 4 diffrent finishes.... polished aluminum, black, black with real carbonfiber insert, and polished aluminum with real carbonfiber insert. i got the polished with the carbon insert and it looks sick. install was real simple. you dont realy need most of the stuff they send with the knob for install, and they have real good directions. it actually was made for hondas and mitsubishis. the back of the box has a list of the cars it was made for and one of the cars listed was a vr-4 galant and legnum. i definatly like it waaaaay better than that levoc shifter pictured above. but thats just my 2 sents. that levoc shifter is just as big as the stock shifter. the razo quick shift is maybe 3-4 inches. just figured you mich wanna check that out before you go and buy an aftermarket shifter thats pretty much the same size as your stock. plus with the razo....theres no cutting of the plastic peice under the knob, so you can go back to stock if you like. i mean, if you want the knob to sit super low...you can trim that piece but theres no need to... even without a boot on it looks better than some of the other shifters. theres also some ones ive seen here that look similar but have a button on top. i beleive they got those on ebay for pretty cheap. the razo quick shift is like 60 bucks.

underated
09-03-2007, 10:32 PM
bellefontaine187 do you have any pictures of the shifter installed on your car?

bellefontaine187
09-04-2007, 03:49 PM
not yet, but do a google search and you will see exactly how it looks installed in a car, just not a galant. but it looks exactly the same in our cars just picture you interior when you see the pic. most of the websites the knob is on have that same picture to show it off. its the best knob ever! lol

DNSerrano
09-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Or...you can go with a 3g eclipse shifters, it's small and already looks manual, except for the button on the drivers side, doesn't stick out much