PDA

View Full Version : re-painting grill. what color?

bellefontaine187
09-09-2007, 01:46 PM
ok, so the other day i was looking at my grill and decided it needed to be repainted. a year ago when i did the grill mod cutting the fins out and sanding out all the chrome and putting the mesh in after colormatching. it came out good, but honestly, it was my first time doing anything like that so i figure now that i know how to paint alot better with a rattle can...why not repaint it? my question is this....would black look good or should i just go with silver again and colormatch it. the only reason i ask is because silver is such a pain in the ass because it never really seems to give a uniform finish...meaning there is always some spots that seem lighter or darker.that may be the fact that im using a rattle can too. but i really wanted some opinions on the black. my car is silver by the way. any suggestions will be appreciated.

NuYoRiCaN
09-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Post of pic of what it looks like now on the car.

bellefontaine187
09-09-2007, 03:42 PM
i dont have any pictures of my car.lol

QnzMostWanted
09-09-2007, 03:43 PM
well u just suck then :)

fatal1
09-09-2007, 03:49 PM
i would go colormatched unless you have some other black accents such as wheels dark tints etc then black would look good too

bellefontaine187
09-10-2007, 03:13 PM
yeah, i need to find a good silver paint. i used some vip silver paint...its either duplicolor or plasticote but it came out like shit. some parts of the grill came out darker silver than other areas..i dont get it. must have been a bad can. maybe ill try a difrent brand this time. i have a carbonfiber hood but i dont think it will look that good with the grill in black so ima stick with the silver. im pissed though. the paint wasnt even baad in the first place, i just wanted to make it look perfect. now its all fucked up. the paint dried fine, its just not all one shade of silver. its darker in some spots and lighter in others. doesnt look right to me. i used the same paint i did the first time too i think and it came out way diffrent. not even the same shade of silver. fuckin paint is a pain in the ballz

864Galant
09-10-2007, 03:47 PM
yeah, i would recommend color match. I just did mine (after f__ng up my cyber :cry: ) and used the same type paint as you but mine came out pretty good, i just sanded it a lil.

99 galant
09-10-2007, 04:29 PM
yeah, i would recommend color match. I just did mine (after f__ng up my cyber :cry: ) and used the same type paint as you but mine came out pretty good, i just sanded it a lil.

yea the front of your car in your avatar does look nice