PDA

View Full Version : Install springs or wait???

Frankv
09-11-2007, 09:12 AM
my g's got 84K on it. stock shocks are still dampening pretty well. ive got the h&r springs in my room but im debating whether or not to install them. i mean, i dont want to install them on my stock shocks then a month later have to take em out becuz the shocks are shot. would installing them reduce the life they have left? my guess is yeah but u guys know more than i do, so... what do u think??? im also getting bfgoodrich tires installed this week on my stock rims, so i kinda wanted to drop it before or after. ne advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

gtx
09-11-2007, 09:40 AM
You already know the answer

fatal1
09-11-2007, 10:33 AM
no get a new set of shock struts then install it unless you feel like redoing the whole thing again soon

pinoyesv6
09-11-2007, 10:44 AM
i blew out my factory shocks on my maiden voyage when I installed my eibachs. i only had 60k on the odo.

DOHCstunr
09-11-2007, 11:05 AM
i blew out my factory shocks on my maiden voyage when I installed my eibachs. i only had 60k on the odo.
^ yesssir.

with that said, 60k miles is about the time that even oem shocks are do for replacement.

so Frankv, unless your ridehas around 20k miles on it you need to replace yoru struts.

figure out what kind of driving you do, then select the strut thats right for you.
Trust me when i say you get what you pay for.
There are countless members that swear by their KYB, but none of them have felt the priveledge of tokico's or the glory of Koni.

I also highly reccomend replacing yoru rear upper strut mount bushings when you install your struts. You can get a new oem set for around 15 bucks. or you can get a set of polyurethane mounts for around 20 on ebay. just get rear upper mount bushings for a 95-99 eclipse.

pinoyesv6
09-11-2007, 11:16 AM
yea. i replaced my factory struts and shocks with koni. i <3 them. not worth the money but i still <3 them cuz i got them for really cheap.

Trevs56
10-14-2007, 09:54 AM
u can go with ur springs, but when u install new lowering springs there designed for a high spring tension, and at the mileage your at id say u need to install new shocks. my personal experiance is i bought the Progress springs with KYB GR-2 shocks and installed them at all four corners. i wish i wouldve just gone with the K-sport full damper set up or ever the D2's but i went el-cheapo. but for the most part its been a decent buy.

injen4g63
10-15-2007, 09:30 PM
thats good to hear cuz i have progress springs that will be going on as soon as my gr-2's get here this week