PDA

View Full Version : Underbody kit fuse

Galant01
12-16-2002, 05:21 PM
The fuse on my underbody kit blew. It is a 5 amp. fuse. Would a higher or lower amp fuse work better? Ex. 4 or 6 amp fuse?

HeadAche
12-16-2002, 05:56 PM
The fuse on my underbody kit blew. It is a 5 amp. fuse. Would a higher or lower amp fuse work better? Ex. 4 or 6 amp fuse?

use a number 6 fuse and wont have to worry about blowing anymore fuses.. The stonger the fuse the better..

jomin1016
12-17-2002, 12:24 PM
yeah u could use a 6amp fuse and it might work, but u might wanna check your wiring first to find out why the 5 blew in the first place. U may have a short or something. You may have one of those wires grounding out against the body or something.

Strahan
12-17-2002, 12:27 PM
The stonger the fuse the better..

That's a very dangerous idea. Fuse ratings are chosen by the manufacturer for a reason. If something goes bad in a circuit and shorts, the fuse blows to prevent a fire. If you throw in a huge fuse the current can build (i.e. generating heat) to levels that the manufacturer did not intend and cause a fire. Always replace fuses with the original specified amperage and fix the real problem - wiring.

HeadAche
12-17-2002, 02:37 PM
The stonger the fuse the better..

That's a very dangerous idea. Fuse ratings are chosen by the manufacturer for a reason. If something goes bad in a circuit and shorts, the fuse blows to prevent a fire. If you throw in a huge fuse the current can build (i.e. generating heat) to levels that the manufacturer did not intend and cause a fire. Always replace fuses with the original specified amperage and fix the real problem - wiring.

very good point, but from my experience with wirring and my work is always done extremely well.. the bigger the fuse the more ampage or wattage it will be able to handle..