PDA

View Full Version : Boomslang

lonestar22
09-14-2007, 01:07 AM
ive been doing my research on engine management for a while and ive been coming up with many workable theories and ideas on what i could make work. now my question is this, i know the 4G64 eclipse and galant have different ECU's but is the pinout the same? im wondering because i wanna know if the boomslang plug and play harness for the 4cyl auto eclipse will be the same for a 4cyl auto cali spec galant. thanks

fatal1
09-14-2007, 01:23 AM
boomslang will also make you a custom harness if its requested, cost a bit more though...and they will make it compatale from the ecu to whatever management device you want, just contact them...dont want to give you a definitive answer about the auto eclipse ecu being the same im not really sure, but it would make sense that they are

galant3jl12's
09-14-2007, 01:08 PM
this is kind of on par w/ that. Has anybody ever specified why the eclipse has that extra 7hp and what like 2 ft/lbs of tq versus the galant. My guess would be the different ECU. I hope you guys can find out more about this boomslang b/c i'm very interested now in engine managment and manipulation of the ECU.

fatal1
09-14-2007, 02:33 PM
this is kind of on par w/ that. Has anybody ever specified why the eclipse has that extra 7hp and what like 2 ft/lbs of tq versus the galant. My guess would be the different ECU. I hope you guys can find out more about this boomslang b/c i'm very interested now in engine managment and manipulation of the ECU.

boomslang just makes plug and play harnesses so you dont have to slice any wires from your ecu when installing a management system, you can still do it without one

Stewi
09-14-2007, 04:26 PM
ive been doing my research on engine management for a while and ive been coming up with many workable theories and ideas on what i could make work. now my question is this, i know the 4G64 eclipse and galant have different ECU's but is the pinout the same? im wondering because i wanna know if the boomslang plug and play harness for the 4cyl auto eclipse will be the same for a 4cyl auto cali spec galant. thanks

Its the same. The only differences would be if one has a knock sensor and one doesnt, but that would just mean the wire either would or wouldnt be there, which is easy to add or remove a wire, rather than move it to a different location on the connector.

solofantasy
09-14-2007, 04:49 PM
you know, ecu should be the difference, it would be exhaust if i am correct.

for the 07 Ralliart Galant and 07 Eclipse GT, they share the same engine, but Galant Ralli only has 258HP, but Eclipse GT has 263HP.

the difference is the galant has a quieter exhaust than the eclipse. Which restricted the flow a little bit.

minnesoshan
09-14-2007, 05:33 PM

how about total gross curb weight, duh :smt079

galant3jl12's
09-14-2007, 06:01 PM

how about total gross curb weight, duh :smt079

What does that have to do w/ hp at the flywheel, pal.

SLS2000
09-14-2007, 07:37 PM
^
quah quah!!

:smt075

Stewi
09-14-2007, 08:03 PM
Well here is the answer that shouldnt need to be said since 90% of the people already know it. The HP rating from the factory for most cars is total BS in the first place. Just like the first run EVO8's rated for 271 crank horsepower yet they put down 240awhp, factor in the drivetrain loss %'s and that car is making 300 crank horsepower. Mitsu cant advertise the Eclipse, their "Sports" car as having a lower horsepower than the grocery getting Galant, plus such a little horsepower change can be lost in the tune of the ECU very easily. Look at Nissan for example, they use that 3.5 VQ engine in almost every vehicle they make, its not all the same power, its in the tune. Its the same way that you can use ECU flash to gain power on a non- modded car, you just put in a less fuel efficient more power producing tune.

qnz
09-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Well here is the answer that shouldnt need to be said since 90% of the people already know it. The HP rating from the factory for most cars is total BS in the first place. Just like the first run EVO8's rated for 271 crank horsepower yet they put down 240awhp, factor in the drivetrain loss %'s and that car is making 300 crank horsepower. Mitsu cant advertise the Eclipse, their "Sports" car as having a lower horsepower than the grocery getting Galant, plus such a little horsepower change can be lost in the tune of the ECU very easily. Look at Nissan for example, they use that 3.5 VQ engine in almost every vehicle they make, its not all the same power, its in the tune. Its the same way that you can use ECU flash to gain power on a non- modded car, you just put in a less fuel efficient more power producing tune.

quoted for the truth

lonestar22
09-16-2007, 03:34 PM
you know, ecu should be the difference, it would be exhaust if i am correct.

for the 07 Ralliart Galant and 07 Eclipse GT, they share the same engine, but Galant Ralli only has 258HP, but Eclipse GT has 263HP.

the difference is the galant has a quieter exhaust than the eclipse. Which restricted the flow a little bit.

quieter doesnt mean restricted flow