PDA

View Full Version : Megan Cat Back

simshady789
09-15-2007, 12:07 AM
i know theres a lot of posts about the cat back.. i just recently got 1 and got it installed and i think it sounds great but theres one thing, i live in new york so our roads are BAD and when ever i go over a bump or something my exhaust squeaks! is it cuz the bolts aren't tightened enough or is it something else.. it only happens when iv been driving for a bit and when i get out i move the muffler and it makes a squeaky rusty sound which pisses me off ..once it cools down and i haven't started it for a while and i move it, it doesn't squeak .. does anyone know what it could be? sorry for making it so long lol

duh2150
09-15-2007, 12:36 AM
i wanan get me one, try tighting your bolts, its the heat form the exhaust expanding metal in the bolts or somewhere, take liek the back 3 i think there are off wd-40 them and put them on and tighten really good, then it should stop, plus your exhaust isnt suposed to move, i lost a bolt and it moved and i repalced it it only moved about 1/8th an inch barly nothnig at all, if you can move your exhaust try looking at all the bolts and see if they are all there

fatal1
09-15-2007, 12:37 AM
look under the car and see where the hangers for the exhaust are, they are probroblly making the noise

badmitsu
09-15-2007, 12:53 AM
^^x2

Sleepervr-4
09-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Bend Back the rear heat shield that goes around the muffler canister. The noise is coming from there. I had the same problem. It rubs on it by the inlet to the muffler at the back of the shield on the inner side.

run1206
09-15-2007, 10:52 AM
i bent back the shield covering the gas tank and my cat-back doesn't sqeak anymore

Joe (G8)
09-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Yup. It's the shield.
I had mine cut off, rather than bending it.