PDA

View Full Version : projector headlights w/ angel eyes

tanpan27
09-15-2007, 03:21 AM
ok so im new to this site and yes ive searched the forums before someone locks this.im jus lookin for opinions. i want to do a retro and i have ppl to do it for me..but my question is i want low/high beams. i could go with the acura TL bi-xenons projectors but they come with fresnel lens..im lookin for a clear lens which is the acura TSX. the guy told me $200 to swap lenses from TSX to TL if i go wit bi-xenon. now, a whole projector set for TSX runs cheaper than 200 wit clear lens so im confused wut shud i do..if i go with one projector, it wud leave alot of empty space inside the headlight and i dont have enuff money to buy four projectors and jus run two of them as halogens..so, how can i setup my halogens for high beams and use low beam hid from TSX since that sounds cheaper..it sounds confusin but if u read carefully, u wil kno wut im sayin

also, he said he can install the angel eye for me..but im not sure where to buy those since he doesnt make them..if nebody knos good place i can get em bout the size of TSX projectors

ASTIG
09-15-2007, 09:02 AM
like you said single projector would leave quite a buit of empty space. here's some other options:

1) JDM headlights with TSX low + stock reflector highs. This would cost almost the same as having the TL bixenon with TSX lenses. but without the nasty empty space.

2) JDM headlights with TSX low + TSX high with a modified shield. But the drawback to having it setup this way is that when you flash your highbeams, the light doesnt come one full power right away.

3) one option I was considering also: JDM headlights + TSX low + bixenon lo/hi. so quad projector low beams dual highs. a little on the expensive side. also I dont know if it's legal to have quad low beams on.

IMO angel eyes are now getting old. Better to spend the extra money infinding a nice bezel/shroud for the projector. But if you are set on angel eyes, look at ebay for ccfl angel eyes. they are bright. also a good source of info is hidplanet if you havent checked it out yet.

ericbla03
09-15-2007, 01:23 PM
I would go with Astigs option #1.

No need to spend more money for a bixenon or quad projector setup. Just go the the TSX low beams. They will be plenty bright enough.

BTW what do you got against the Fresnel lenses?

Also, i have a bunch of extra angel eyes that ive pulled from aftermarket honda headlights. I know ive got some that will fit the acura projectors becuase ive done it with TLs ,TSXs, E46s and SC430s. They are all roughly the same size. Send me a PM.

Reelax
09-15-2007, 03:41 PM
#3 is illegal. legal version is dual low, quad hi.

ASTIG
09-15-2007, 06:51 PM
thanks for the info.

6G72Galant
09-15-2007, 06:59 PM

Illegal to have 4 low beams shining at once?!? :?

AVERAGE
09-15-2007, 07:47 PM
I would go with Astigs option #1.

No need to spend more money for a bixenon or quad projector setup. Just go the the TSX low beams. They will be plenty bright enough.

BTW what do you got against the Fresnel lenses?

Also, i have a bunch of extra angel eyes that ive pulled from aftermarket honda headlights. I know ive got some that will fit the acura projectors becuase ive done it with TLs ,TSXs, E46s and SC430s. They are all roughly the same size. Send me a PM. Sent you a pm a few weels ago. I figured you were busy getting ready for MOD.

Reelax
09-15-2007, 11:24 PM

Illegal to have 4 low beams shining at once?!? :?

absolutely. you can only have on 2 low beams and 2 aux beams (fog/driving) on during normal conditions. city lights/halos/markers/parking lights do not count as "beams". further, driving w/ fogs only (w/o headlights) is also illegal.

2000Galant
09-17-2007, 03:02 AM
Man im tryna get some angel eyes for the 8g, help me outt yall

dknight3
09-17-2007, 03:33 AM
further, driving w/ fogs only (w/o headlights) is also illegal.
thats weird cause in my dads firebird the foglights come on automatically, even without the headlights on.

edit: hmm just did some reading here, http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.37, and it says that:

(1) Spot lamps. Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not to exceed two spot lamps and every lighted spot lamp shall be so aimed and used that no part of the high intensity portion of the beam will strike the windshield, or any windows, mirror, or occupant of another vehicle in use.

(2) Fog lamps. Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not to exceed two fog lamps mounted on the front at a height of not less than twelve inches nor more than thirty inches above the level surface upon which the vehicle stands and so aimed that when the vehicle is not loaded none of the high intensity portion of the light to the left of the center of the vehicle shall at a distance of twenty-five feet ahead project higher than a level of four inches below the level of the center of the lamp from which it comes. Lighted fog lamps meeting the above requirements MAY be used with lower head lamp beams as specified in RCW 46.37.220.

(3) Auxiliary passing lamps. Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not to exceed two auxiliary passing lamps mounted on the front at a height not less than twenty-four inches nor more than forty-two inches above the level surface upon which the vehicle stands. The provisions of RCW 46.37.220 shall apply to any combinations of head lamps and auxiliary passing lamps.

(4) Auxiliary driving lamps. Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not to exceed two auxiliary driving lamps mounted on the front at a height not less than sixteen inches nor more than forty-two inches above the level surface upon which the vehicle stands. The provisions of RCW 46.37.220 shall apply to any combination of head lamps and auxiliary driving lamps.

it doesn't say they can't be used without your lights, it says they can be used with your lights. but the also say it cant be lower than 12 inches which is just dumb.

and i have no idea what the hell spot lamps or auxiliary driving lamps are but maybe if you had 4 lowbeams on you could just say 2 of them are spot lamps or aux driving lamps..

fatal1
09-17-2007, 04:05 AM
the fogs may act a drl, for nightime you cant drive / just your fogs on....alsowhat year is the firebird i know that gm models from 99 and up (at least)are equipped with sensors to automatically turn on the heads when darkness is sensed

dknight3
09-17-2007, 04:10 AM
its like 2000 but i dont think the headlights come on auto, just the fogs.. i could be wrong though

alright found somthing else out

(2) Whenever a motor vehicle equipped with head lamps as herein required is also equipped with any auxiliary lamps or a spot lamp or any other lamp on the front thereof projecting a beam of intensity greater than three hundred candlepower, not more than a total of two of any such additional lamps on the front of a vehicle shall be lighted at any one time when upon a highway.
so basically you can only have two additional lights to your low beams on the highway. (i think)

lonestar22
09-17-2007, 06:50 PM
auxiliary driving lamps are also fog lights, theyre just the kind that arent designed to cut through fog. like most cars of today have

Reelax
09-17-2007, 09:00 PM
of course laws very state to state... but as a rule of thumb. quad low beam is illegal (2 of the beams must be fog or aux driving). fogs can not be operated w/o low beam at night. having more than 2 pairs of lights on is illegal as well... having 6 lights on will get you pulled over). corners/parking/signal do not count.

karn
09-27-2007, 01:35 PM
hey dude what kind of set up does fatal 1 has?? i am lookin for that kind of setup but i want my lights to glow blue or sumthin :/ well normal color is fine depending on the money :/ please someone tell me if i can jus buy them kind of lights already built or i have to custom built em.. and give me a list of items i am gonna need plssss

ericbla03
09-27-2007, 03:56 PM
hey dude what kind of set up does fatal 1 has?? i am lookin for that kind of setup but i want my lights to glow blue or sumthin :/ well normal color is fine depending on the money :/ please someone tell me if i can jus buy them kind of lights already built or i have to custom built em.. and give me a list of items i am gonna need plssss

The lights that Fatal1 has in his car are pretty much the same as any other headlights that I have made, exept i made his out of 1 piece JDM headlights. They have to be custom made, you cant just buy them like that.

You can make the projectors glow pretty much any color, all you need to do is put an LED inside the projector.......

BLUE
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d159/ericbla03/bluewithhalos.jpg

RED
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d159/ericbla03/redwithhalos.jpg

WHITE
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d159/ericbla03/juventas13.jpg

AMBER
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d159/ericbla03/titanium4.jpg

dknight3
09-27-2007, 04:22 PM
eric your the man!

karn
09-27-2007, 04:46 PM
yo eric man is there a way u can make me a pair for cheap man plss i am only 17 years old cant really afford a lot.. i will try to give u some profit out of ittt plsss mannn it will be nice and make them angel rings glow blue :/ i dont like white rings pls man give me a message on if u wuld like to do it and how much wuld it cost me...

migue
09-27-2007, 10:42 PM
eric you should make more projector light everybody wants them i want them

kolio
09-28-2007, 01:26 AM
somebody needs to make them for the 7G..... any takers?

bmore303
09-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Well there was that one guy with the cibie style or whatever it's called on his 7G.

I think we'd have to go glass world spec for a decent retrofit.

ericbla03
09-28-2007, 03:40 PM
somebody needs to make them for the 7G..... any takers?

I made some for Supergalant....

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d159/ericbla03/sgfinishedprimer2.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d159/ericbla03/sgfinished5.jpg

kolio
09-28-2007, 06:56 PM
i know but they are cybys, i meant like the 8G ones

Serstylz2
09-28-2007, 07:22 PM
projectors are crazy... but karn u might as well throw out that "cheap" idea or those "im only 17" stories, get ur paper right before looking into projectors... read my sig.. if you're broke dont mod baby

karn
09-28-2007, 08:00 PM
:/ i am different and i have always been diff.. i cant change and neither do i wanna change.. i might be broke but i can still dream onnn :) some day it will come true and hopefully i will be one of the gurus on this website :)

Serstylz2
09-28-2007, 08:12 PM
or just get a job/better job... well 17.. ur headed to college days.. u got some time ahead of u

karn
09-28-2007, 08:26 PM
yeaaa.. but i am not going in college lol once i graduate from high school i am going to some kind of boot camp after a while since i wanna be a cop.. i wanted to be a mechanic but my parents dont want me to be a mechanic they think its a low value job in status if u know what i am saying :/ well a cop aint that bad maybe someday i can get a dodge charger as my cop car :P, and i willl be workin at the airport they pay me $12 an hour, i will be workin untill 2010 and i hope my project on this car is done by then

bmore303
09-28-2007, 08:57 PM
You have to remember by 2010 your priorities will really come into play. Personally I'm a college student and just taking this project one small step at a time. I'm also planning on moving out by my 20th birthday. Really sit and think about what you're getting into, and what's more important.

You have some nice ideas, but realistically you're not gonna have much money to spend trying to shove so much into the G this early.

thebirdman13
09-29-2007, 08:30 AM
:/ i am different and i have always been diff.. i cant change and neither do i wanna change.. i might be broke but i can still dream onnn :) some day it will come true and hopefully i will be one of the gurus on this website :)

just make some yourself... it's really not that hard man...

karn
09-29-2007, 12:45 PM
just make some yourself... it's really not that hard man...

yeah dude i am bout to do it :/ hope i dont break somethin

ASTIG
09-29-2007, 05:19 PM
if you're afraid to break something, dont do it. be prepared to break something. :wink:

DOHCstunr
10-03-2007, 10:43 PM
the law in kentucky believe it or not... is 3 auxillary lights.

meaning you coudl have your heads on, your fogs(or driving lamps) and one other lamp......

so i guess if you want to run 3 fogs... thats legal in my state... as gay as it is......

but
these laws only mean "at a time"
meaning you can have 20 sets of auxillary lights on yoru car.... but only runn your heads, and one other pair at a time.

Reelax
10-04-2007, 03:17 AM
the law in kentucky believe it or not... is 3 auxillary lights.

meaning you coudl have your heads on, your fogs(or driving lamps) and one other lamp......

so i guess if you want to run 3 fogs... thats legal in my state... as gay as it is......

but
these laws only mean "at a time"
meaning you can have 20 sets of auxillary lights on yoru car.... but only runn your heads, and one other pair at a time.

yeah califronia seems to be the strictest on almost everything... if you have more than 2 aux lights on your vehicle, the extra ones have to be covered for highway use. like extra "KC" lites on light bars and brush guards for offroad use need to have the lens covers attached or u'll get pulled over.

jamario
06-08-2008, 11:25 AM
dose any one know how to make head light like the ones on this page???

spdracr
06-08-2008, 12:25 PM
yo eric man is there a way u can make me a pair for cheap man plss i am only 17 years old cant really afford a lot.. i will try to give u some profit out of ittt plsss mannn it will be nice and make them angel rings glow blue :/ i dont like white rings pls man give me a message on if u wuld like to do it and how much wuld it cost me...

i dont see a reason why eric should charge u less than all of us, u r 17 and cant afford alot, either save some money and buy stuff as money allows or wait until u get a better job

of course laws very state to state... but as a rule of thumb. quad low beam is illegal (2 of the beams must be fog or aux driving). fogs can not be operated w/o low beam at night. having more than 2 pairs of lights on is illegal as well... having 6 lights on will get you pulled over). corners/parking/signal do not count.

so having the jdm headlights moded to where the low and high stay on when u turn the high on and the fog lights on will get u pulled over ??? that makes a total of 6 lights but i swear that i saw one of the new SUVs running that before, i have to pay more attention when i drive and see

dose any one know how to make head light like the ones on this page???

there is a tutorial in the how-to section look for it

jamario
06-08-2008, 11:23 PM
i am looking for some one to make me some projectors and i will pay them for going it.

mrjaydeeone
06-08-2008, 11:46 PM
on both my 8G and my 7G when you put the highs on the lows stay on too

i am looking for some one to make me some projectors and i will pay them for going it.
fatal1 has a set for sale in the for sale section.

Reelax
06-09-2008, 12:04 AM
on both my 8G and my 7G when you put the highs on the lows stay on too

i don't have experience with the 7g but on the 8G the stock fogs will not work concurrently with the high beams (although there are work arounds).

depoautolights
06-09-2008, 12:22 AM

for a 7g or 8g? are you looking for jdms or usdms? halos or not? dual or single projector?

mrjaydeeone
06-09-2008, 12:29 AM
i don't have experience with the 7g but on the 8G the stock fogs will not work concurrently with the high beams (although there are work arounds).
this is correct. On my 8G when I had stock heads and fogs, when you put the highs on the fogs would shut off.