PDA

View Full Version : Found this. Worth it? Subs/Amps

02GalantMrSBF
09-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Whet do you guys think about this deal? Worth it, could I get something better possibly for the price? Maybe someone here has something better? Or maybe one of you just know how this sounds. LMK

Looking to sell to kenwood eXcelon 1200 watt dual voice coil 12s. Also looking to get rid of 2 850 watt kenwood amps. The entire system sounds so good together, these eXcelons really hit low frequencies well. Down to 20 hz to be exact. I work in car audio and I'll tell you, its a pretty clean signal. Im taking them out because i do not want the weight. Thats all. Here is some info and stock pics. Ill take some pics of the subs and amp later and put them on. The subs look outstanding, there are a few scratches on the top of one of the amps, not that bad though. Ill post them though.

The subs retail 250 a piece and the amps 200 a peice. Im selling the entire set up for 300. Im also VERY willing to do some kind of a trade for eclipse parts. I would be game for rear sway bar, front tower tie, eye lids, engalls stiffy, and possibly others. If your interested let me know right away. We'll work something out.

Some info:

The KFC-XW1202DVC 12" sub features an oversized cone that gives you 18% more surface area than a regular 12" sub. More surface area means more air movement, so you get bass that's deep and full. The unique double-cone design combines a carbon-polypropylene hybrid cone with a secondary pulp fiber cone for added sound quality. Read more

Details:

» 12" subwoofer with two 2-ohm voice coils
» dual-cone design (carbon-polypropylene outer cone with pulp fiber inner cone) with butyl rubber surround
» cast aluminum basket
» peak power: 1,200 watts
» frequency response: 20-400 Hz
» sensitivity: 93 dB
» mounting depth: 6"
» sealed box volume: 0.8-1.5 cu. ft.
» ported box volume: 1.0-2.0 cu. ft.

99 galant
09-17-2007, 05:14 PM
i dont think you could get anything cheaper for that price unless you go with DUAL with 2 built in 12's and a amp for like $120 at best buy around thanksgiving... but the system could be shit too blown speaker, close to blown make sure you hear it all first

02GalantMrSBF
09-17-2007, 05:29 PM
its for sale on a forum though. so i cant hear it. :roll:

Divinity
09-17-2007, 05:45 PM
For $300, not bad I guess. If you are going to buy them from him, ask him how long he had them in his ride, what levels did he usually play them, pictures.... what kinda of enclosure he had.. but I think that are probably discontinued models if he's selling them so cheap. I'm not too sure about the Kenwood brand for car audio... they make good kitchen appliances though, heh. I honestly think that there are better ones out.

How much are you looking to spend on a system, at most?

Serstylz2
09-17-2007, 06:29 PM
i had Kenwood subs as my first subwoofers, they are good and the ones i had were entry level, those ones are quality, pretty good setup for the price