PDA

View Full Version : KYB AGX with Ground Control Coilovers

GoCar Galant
12-17-2002, 01:56 AM
I was reading some old posts about how the KYB AGX shocks from the 3G Eclipse fit on the 8G galant, so I want to get them. The problem is that I also read that they don't fit perfectly with certain coilovers like the OBX and the Ground controls(I have the GC's). Can someone show me exactly how I am going to have to fix that problem? I would really appreciate it because I'm trying to order them today and I kind of want to be sure that it's going to work.

jomin1016
12-17-2002, 02:58 AM
<span style='color:darkred'>Ok, I can try and explain it all to u, but it might be kinda tough to visualize...it'd be easy w/pics, but of course, this isn't a perfect world.</span>
With the coilovers, there's a sleeve [/color]
Now, I installed the agx's with my obx coilovers, by grinding down the "metal washer" on the top of the cartridge. It's probably not a safe task, considering while grinding, there's sparks flying and the strut is filled with nitrogen, but that's how I managed to get mine on.

Danger DANJ
12-17-2002, 01:03 PM
Seeing as you already have the GC's, you are in bad shape. If you didn't have them yet, you could order the GC's to fit KYB struts and shocks.

Xska55
12-17-2002, 02:23 PM
whats up fellaz,, does any one know if skunk 2coilovers would fit agx with any hassle,,,,,and it would help alot if some one colud give me a part number for the kyb agx struts and shocks or maybe the year of eclipse there for,,,???

GoCar Galant
12-17-2002, 04:23 PM
Appreciate the info. It's been a great help and i hope to attempt this this week. I'll let you guys know what happened (hopefully all good)...

Galant01
12-17-2002, 07:07 PM
Danger DANJ, you say that you could order the GC's that could fit the KYB. What do you mean by this? Are there KYB's that will fit the GC and the car?

Ghost Beat
12-17-2002, 10:58 PM
i did the exact same thing as jomin just be carfull and it should go fine

Danger DANJ
12-18-2002, 12:12 PM
Danger DANJ, you say that you could order the GC's that could fit the KYB. What do you mean by this? Are there KYB's that will fit the GC and the car?

I don't have any personal experience with GC's, but a long time ago there was a post about GC's and someone mentioned that if you called KYB you could get a couple different GC setups for aftermarket shocks and struts.

jomin1016
12-19-2002, 01:16 AM
part #'s for the 2K eclipse KYB AGX...734020/734019 and 741020(Rear) there's also a "set" # - 150079......I ordered mine from http://www.coximport.com/agx/apps.html[url] got them for 345 shipped - also got a coupon code for guys who want to order online - save 10 bux....$$$......21064. That's what I ordered, anyway

Eclipse Racer1G
12-19-2002, 02:53 PM
i just looked at the Ground Control website and they have the coilovers that fit the KYB AGX an ones that fit KONI and the stock so yeah u can get the GC with the KYB AGX if u have the right set.

Take a look http://www.ground-control.com/ ('http://www.ground-control.com/') look at their coil overs and then their application guide and they have three different sets for the three different shocks.