PDA

View Full Version : Zap.

Ada
12-17-2002, 04:29 AM
Everytime I drive my 8g for a good amount of time, the moment I get out and touch something, I get shocked with some type of static. One time I've gotten out and hit my my chest on the car door and I'll let you know right now, that having your nipple shocked isn't fun. I have stock floormats so is this normal static accumulation from them or should I just wear a rice hat and start blowing up heads?

pinoyesv6
12-17-2002, 09:37 AM
i used to get that....but then things like floor mats and the clothes i wear make things happen less...

Auto-9
12-17-2002, 12:40 PM
That happened on my old 4 banger for some reason...constantly being electrocuted sucked big time. After I stepped up the V6 for some reason it didn't shock me anymore.

creativ73
12-17-2002, 08:40 PM
I've got a 2000 V-6 and it doesn't matter, I always have the shock situation. It's weird. When I open the door now, I automatically touch the side of the door with my tricep to prevent from getting the shock.

Auto-9
12-17-2002, 09:12 PM
Hehe that's what I used to do too...contantly maintain contact from the moment I touch the door to the second I start the car https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

NRG
12-17-2002, 09:43 PM
There is a easy way to not get shock.......Know this, once you are inside the car, you can touch any metal parts and not get shock......

So when you are getting out of the car, just touch the metal frame of the door BEFORE YOUR FEET TOUCHES THE GROUND and you will be fine....