PDA

View Full Version : $2800 and nothing to do

03_silver_8g
09-21-2007, 04:36 PM
so, i have about 2800, (minus the rims that i'm getting hopefully) and i don't know what to do. i know all the mods that i can do, i just don't know what to do right now with all this cash...any suggestions? thanks.

Joe (G8)
09-21-2007, 04:38 PM
Save it and buy a better car. Heh, I'm kidding. Are you looking for performance or appearance?

Divinity
09-21-2007, 04:42 PM
Give it to me, it'll pay off one of my credit cards. :D

nycking23
09-21-2007, 04:42 PM
send it to me

n3oAcid24
09-21-2007, 04:44 PM
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<paypal......

RedGalant2k1
09-21-2007, 04:49 PM
Personally?

Some on the car I.E. AEM Cold Air Intake, and a body kit.

Then I'd save the rest for a rainy day.

ericbla03
09-21-2007, 04:54 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200154884719&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=010 :D

bellefontaine187
09-21-2007, 05:01 PM
lower your car......i cant say this enough, buy a nice set of adjustable coilovers or a set of tein s techs and a set of aftermarket shocks to go with them if your stock shocks are old. lower your car bro. bodykits,carbonfiber,rims,wings, lipkits, canards, splitters....none of that shit will look right if your car isnt sitting right. you just ordered some wheels so a nice suspension setup to get your car sitting right will set it off. if you have some cash left over after that than maybe start with an intake. but definatly.............lower your car. our 8gs have the hugest front wheel gaps in the fuckin history of wheels gaps. get rid of that wheel gap....then youre golden...lol peace

03_silver_8g
09-21-2007, 06:06 PM
i would get the projectors/halos, but i don't want to spend a thousand on one thing. i'm going to save some of it. i was thinking more along the lines of something for my car. i think it looks decent or will after i get rims, so i want power. thinking of turboing but when i read about all you guys that get them i don't understand half the things people are talking about....and i just posted a few days ago the pics of my lowering job. take a look in the members section if you want to see.

fatal1
09-21-2007, 06:11 PM
well the wheels are a good choice to go with...i would personally go with a decent big brake kit in the front...like the powerslot one, and do a rear disc conversion....now do you have 2800 after buying the wheels or is that before buying them? i would say leave it at that for now and learn as much as you can about the motor and turbo apps this way you will be prepared on how to do it as well as have the money by that time...unless yoiu have any cosmetic mods you want to get out of the way i say hold on to what you have after the kit and keep putting it away

03_silver_8g
09-21-2007, 06:40 PM
that's after the wheels...and how much does a rear disc run? less than 500?

mrjaydeeone
09-21-2007, 06:47 PM
yeah. my rear disc ran me 180. And I used the pads and rotors that it came with they are still good. Should run you around 2 or so. And depending if you upgrade rotors and pads. Or if you have to get them cause the set up you get is missing them

Reelax
09-21-2007, 07:01 PM
hookers and booze.

mrjaydeeone
09-21-2007, 07:13 PM
noice. I like the way you think^^

CHICAGO_ONE
09-21-2007, 07:42 PM
Rear disc swap. New rotors pads all around. Paint your calipers. Could definitely do that for under $500

fatal1
09-21-2007, 10:59 PM
the rear disc swap can be done pretty cheap as long as you go and get the parts yourself...a lot of people try to sell them for more then they are worthe because they are all together already...its easier just to get the parts you need yourself, its not too much....the powerslot bbk for the front is like 300-400 it is a larger rotor and a caliper relocation, but with that there no real worry of your wheels will fit them and they arent very expensive....while full replacement bbks can run upwards of $1000

also if you have any audio plans at all like a new deck and components you can always go with them too for another idea

spdracr
09-21-2007, 11:21 PM
like everyone said do ur brakes, rear disk conversion but on the front do the 3G eclipse brake swap theres a tutorial on galantforums.com all u have to get is the brackets and calipers from a 92-99 eclipse GSX or a '00 eclipse GT u can get those for like 100 and another 80 for the cross drilled rotors, then get them poweder coated for another 60 and put them on so the front will cost u around $250 and the rear just about the same and it will look great through those rims u just bought, look for a vendor here his name is R1concept he got the rotors for cheap and take ur ass to the junk yard and pull a set of eclipse calipers and rear disk swap and the whole thing will run about $500

then save the rest for now, or u can start ur JDM conversion like i kinda did but i stopped now , get the mirrors, the tails, the heads, the grill, one thing at the time and the money wont run out, if u wanna go turbo dont get an intake or a header, save ur money and read read and read about it cuz u need to learn, i just picked up a 91 volvo 740 turbo and ive been reading and i have no clue about what the hell im reading but i will learn

good luck

4g63lover
09-22-2007, 01:04 AM
IMO, if you get rims, I say get a GOOD set of tires. stay away from the Nankang and Wanli brands. Also, if you wanna make atleast a little bit of "umph"..

RPW headers
AEM intake

and you already have the catback.

and you'll prolly want a swaybar.

alexvr
09-22-2007, 01:59 AM
i dnt see spending money on big brakes if the car isnt even fast, do the rear conversion, buy slotted and drilled rotors on ebay for lik 280, and get the CF hood and trunk, either go with the evo CF hood or the OEM style. that will be like 1000 for both but u get that out the way since its expensive. then u can get the jdm bumper, heads, grill, sides, back, etc....or just get a body kit after the hood and trunk....orr go with a front lip and keep the stock look...audio is pretty pointless..get headers and intake if u want a lil speed. HIDs FOR SURE!!!

9G
09-22-2007, 08:04 AM
JDM

03_silver_8g
09-22-2007, 11:36 AM
i want to go jdm, and i want to turbo. but i don't have the time or experience to do either right now. so i don't know.

is it really that big of a difference in braking with the rear discs? what is different?

lucap100is
09-22-2007, 12:13 PM
so, i have about 2800, (minus the rims that i'm getting hopefully) and i don't know what to do. i know all the mods that i can do, i just don't know what to do right now with all this cash...any suggestions? thanks.

donate it to TGC :lol: :lol: :lol:

9G
09-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Car paid off?

bellefontaine187
09-22-2007, 01:24 PM
big brake kits are great especially when running larger size rims and tires. but still man......suspension.....thats soo critical when building up a car. if you add all kinds of power, what good is it if you dont got the stiff stuff to handle all that power? just my opinion. turbo is something ive been thinking about too. ill be doing the transmition swap first though obviously.

03_silver_8g
09-22-2007, 02:07 PM
i've got kyb's and teins and i was thinking about a strut bar. as far as brakes, as alexvr said, i don't need big brakes if i don't have the horsepower to match. but i'm highly considering disc conversion.

any other suggestions besides brakes?

bellefontaine187
09-22-2007, 06:50 PM
the freedom design strut bar is nice, i just got one last month. goes on with no problems whutsoever. where you kinda unsure of what to do with your money..you should just hold on to the rest after you get your wheels and plan it out longer. take your time. save more money. you got a good start if you got the teins and kyb's...plus you said your getting wheels.

rollingwithdubz
09-30-2007, 12:31 AM
what size rims you lookin at?

For essentials I'd say:
Rims, coilovers, JDM tails, HIDs, clear corners, and factory fogs from a higher trim level to get the outside lookin clean and onpoint. No one could hate on you with all that done.

With the leftover money depending on your priorities, maybe go all out and kit her. Id personally upgrade the system to make the driving more enjoyable for you. Maybe one of those new bluetooth pioneer decks, new components upfront, new 6x9s and a good sub/amp combo. All that can be got for under 1000 or very close to.

Bezzle
09-30-2007, 01:37 AM
Car paid off?
good question. Unless the car was handed down by the graces of God.
If it was and ur free of payments. SAVE IT! and blueprint the future of the car, before u spend it on 20" chromies and regret it.