PDA

View Full Version : looking for projector lights for my 03 galant

migue
09-26-2007, 03:38 PM
ive been looking for this projector lights for about a year i cant find them anywere i search ebay there one pair but there for about 340 plus shipping i was wondering if there any one whos is selling there or we somebody could point t in the direction on how to make my own pair

Nesian
09-26-2007, 04:16 PM
Projector headlights have to be custom made
Unless u buy ericbla's projector headlights, he has
a pair off ebay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200154884719&rd=1

Nesian
09-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Here's the tutorial

http://home.comcast.net/~c.tangonan/galant/Projector_Tutorial.html

n3oAcid24
09-26-2007, 04:19 PM
yea man, you are not going to find them any cheaper.....

ASTIG
09-26-2007, 04:55 PM
yea man, you are not going to find them any cheaper.....

tru. expect to spend around $500 on parts alone if you're making one. So I think your best bet is eric's auction.

migue
09-26-2007, 06:31 PM
hey man thanks ill see how much they go on ebay, right know there at 350 plus shipping thats a lot. Any body that has bought a pair of projector lights how much did you spend

Divinity
09-26-2007, 07:14 PM
A lot more than $350, lol

migue
09-26-2007, 08:04 PM
thanks

migue
09-26-2007, 08:05 PM
are you interested in selling your lights

AVERAGE
09-26-2007, 08:38 PM
A lot more than $350, lol I concur...

migue
09-26-2007, 08:47 PM
if any body want to sell their projector lights im willing to pay 350+

ASTIG
09-26-2007, 10:33 PM
if any body want to sell their projector lights im willing to pay 350+
per side?

migue
09-26-2007, 10:35 PM
lol......... no for the pair

bmore303
09-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Good luck...I swear people paid like $500 +shipping for these custom made.

racesnos
09-27-2007, 12:01 AM
I just paid over $600 for Ballasts, bulbs, harnesses, and projectors... i still havent started the retro fit. it takes even a little bit more cause i plan to supercharge the Bosch Ballasts and then Color MOD the TSX's

galantreno
09-27-2007, 12:12 AM
I'd say the auction will end with $650-700

AVERAGE
09-27-2007, 01:36 AM
I just paid over $600 for Ballasts, bulbs, harnesses, and projectors... i still havent started the retro fit. it takes even a little bit more cause i plan to supercharge the Bosch Ballasts and then Color MOD the TSX's Supercharge? What do you mean? Aren't the ballast putting out the max wattage that they can withstand? :?

racesnos
09-27-2007, 01:53 AM
a normal ballast puts out about 35-43 Watts usually, but i ordered a Bosch AL Ballast and there is a certain resistor that you attach a MOD to and its output is increased to about 93watts look here.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21715

ericbla03
09-27-2007, 05:44 AM
I just paid over $600 for Ballasts, bulbs, harnesses, and projectors... i still havent started the retro fit. it takes even a little bit more cause i plan to supercharge the Bosch Ballasts and then Color MOD the TSX's

Damn thats going to look NICE. Color Modding the TSXs is so easy, but ive heard horror stories about ballasts dying soon after being supercharged :evil:

I think you'll be super satisfied with just the regular ballast (plus your bulbs will last longer :wink: )

Just my .02

ASTIG
09-27-2007, 07:05 AM
you dont really need to mod you ballast with a TSX projector. output is awesome. I just spent almost $300 on bnew hella gen3 ballasts yesterday. My ballasts were too old and one was showing signs of decreased output.

6G72Galant
09-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Ive got a set of Infiniti J30 projector headlights. Ill be posting pics sometime later today. Keep an eye out for the thread.

racesnos
09-27-2007, 10:34 AM
you dont really need to mod you ballast with a TSX projector. output is awesome. I just spent almost $300 on bnew hella gen3 ballasts yesterday. My ballasts were too old and one was showing signs of decreased output.

Are the Hella Gen III different in any ways possible from other Ballast kits? i just got an e-mail from the seller of the Bosch Ballasts saying that he is out of stock and refunded my money. So now im in the market for a ballast kit. What about D4S? are those compatible with the TSX's?

i also agree, the TSX's are amazing projectors. do you have any more tutorials on retro fitting the TSX's? or more pics?

ericbla03
09-27-2007, 03:30 PM

Are the Hella Gen III different in any ways possible from other Ballast kits? i just got an e-mail from the seller of the Bosch Ballasts saying that he is out of stock and refunded my money. So now im in the market for a ballast kit. What about D4S? are those compatible with the TSX's?

i also agree, the TSX's are amazing projectors. do you have any more tutorials on retro fitting the TSX's? or more pics?

All you need for the TSX projectors is a ballast with a D2S bulb connector. So no, a D4S ballast will not work unless you modify the connector to fit a D2S bulb.
As far as performance or power goes..... a ballast is a ballast. Ill try to dig through my photobucket folder and see if i can find some pics of a TSX retro that ive done.......

racesnos
09-27-2007, 05:55 PM

All you need for the TSX projectors is a ballast with a D2S bulb connector. So no, a D4S ballast will not work unless you modify the connector to fit a D2S bulb.
As far as performance or power goes..... a ballast is a ballast. Ill try to dig through my photobucket folder and see if i can find some pics of a TSX retro that ive done.......

Yeah i figured about the D4S thing, but my main conern was if there are different grade ballasts and such. Yeah if you can dig up some of those pics, it would be much appreciated. Maybe even a tutorial of your TSX retro?