PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with 4g63gt

karn
09-26-2007, 07:40 PM
alright hey everyone i am new to this website... i have a 2003 2.4 4cyclinder galant

i am looking forward for an engine swap first i was thinkin bout 3000gt engine swap but i hvnt seen anyone do it so far.. now i am interested in this 4g63gt engine swap but kinda of confused.. i found this website sellin a new engine with everything only for $1500 dunno if it can be used

http://www.japanpowerinc.com/engine_details/30/90-94_Mitsubishi_4G63T

or maybe this
http://www.japanpowerinc.com/engine_details/31/95-98_Mitsubishi_4G63T

also if u guys can give me some links for the best engine that can be swap for this model out there that will be nice, also i am lookin forward to buyin a brand new engine :P

also i have a question wut is the best tranny that can go with this engine i want a 5speed stick but i will run my auto for a while too.. give me links for this too if ya can pls.

my biggest question: i am doin a 4disk setup soon and i was thinkin if there is any poosssibility in hell if i culd buy a good engine and a manual tranny and make this car a REAR WHEEL DRIVE (RWD) i really need to know if this is possible...

$$$$ i am willing to spend $10,000 and i will do be basically doin all the labor myself, even though i am 18 i have taken 2 auto tech classes and i know 2 fully licensed mechanics and my auto teacher who can inspect every other day or hour :P

please leave me some good links and part names that i culd use
thx for readin this :)

karn
09-26-2007, 07:43 PM
also i seen the cheapest engine online 4g63gt tell me if its any good and worth buyin http://www.japanpowerinc.com/engine_details/31/95-98_Mitsubishi_4G63T

Stewi
09-26-2007, 08:03 PM
you CAN make it RWD if you want but its gonna be alot of fabrication work. It hasnt been done before in this car, but its a basic concept. Slowboy racing made a 1g RWD, buschur racing sells parts to convert 1g's to RWD, maybe you can look at their stuff and get an idea of what you need to do. Esentially if you go RWD, there are only two ways to do it. Fabricate or modify the front cross member, get an EVO tranny and rear end in there, custom drive shaft and disconnect the front wheel driveline, viola RWD. Then you can go the hardcore way, make custom mounts and turn the motor long ways in the engine bay, cut the firewall and make a tunnel, make a bellhousing adaptor plate and insert the RWD tranny of your choice. You have ALOT of homework to do.

Cali
09-26-2007, 10:53 PM
yea what he said... :lol:

btw, where are you located?

karn
09-27-2007, 10:10 AM
mm.. so yeah ima give up on that rwd for now since its too much to do.. but i live in detroit, mi

sooo did anyone check them links out cuz i really need help finding the right motor...

and wuts the first thing i wanna start out with..

i was thinking bout making it a 4disc set up, then doin lowering springs, suspension, struts, some good exhaust system (need help with exhaust system pls refer me some brand names) and maybe then get a new engine... and tranny and then do the bodykit later on

galant3jl12's
09-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Hell if you've got 10 grand to spend go for it. I would imagine you'd be able to do the evo engine swap and manual conversion for that much. Although I've heard there have been problems w/ codes and such for 2002-03 model galants. As far as differences between the evo 8 and 9 the 9 has mivec and a little more hp. I would imagine the mivec engine swap to a galant would be a little more tricky than the Evo 8 engine swap. If you're really serious about the engine stuff than you should take care of the suspension work first coilovers would be a great idea and big brake kit and or the 4 disc conv like you said. Don't skimp on that stuff you want you car to be able to handle the extra power.

karn
09-27-2007, 06:57 PM
yeah thats wut i was thinkin and i head evo 8 engine is better then evo 9 neways so mivec is not what i want....

prettyboy4987
09-28-2007, 09:57 PM
yeah thats wut i was thinkin and i head evo 8 engine is better then evo 9 neways so mivec is not what i want....

yea u will be better off wit the evo 8 engine anyway they say it bolts right into the 8G and the tranny u would use is the 3G eclipse 5 spd tranny that also bolts right on!

Stewi
09-29-2007, 12:28 PM

yea u will be better off wit the evo 8 engine anyway they say it bolts right into the 8G and the tranny u would use is the 3G eclipse 5 spd tranny that also bolts right on!

Its not the fact of the physical engine fitment of the EVO9 engine compared to the EVO8 engine. It all has to do with the wiring because with the 9 you need all the parts associated with the MIVEC system.

JDM4G64T
10-19-2007, 11:55 PM
Hey Cali, is this true about the direct bolt fitment from the the stock 2.4 cyl to a 4g63t. It's a direct bolt on or did u have the weld on the evo motor mounts???