View Full Version : Will this work for the O2 sensor trip

NRG
12-18-2002, 03:18 AM
Since putting on the headers means we take off the precat therefore tripping our SES light, can we just simply not plug in the second O2 sensor before the main cat and plug that hole up? That way the two temps will definitely give a different reading thus not tripping the SES light. I heard the second O2 sensor isn't important anyways....

If this works then it saves us having to put a bung after the main cat and whatnot......

cdaw2001ES
12-18-2002, 04:20 AM
better to keep the system working , move the rear o2, to behind the main cat. System works, car is still legal * unless you live in cali

NRG
12-18-2002, 11:13 AM
My SES is bugging me so right now I don't really care if its legal or not.....Just want to have it fixed....Besides, my car is so far from legal already anways...

I am just lazy to go out to have the bung welded in and I bet they will charge like 50+ dollars just to do that little thing.......

pinoyesv6
12-18-2002, 12:40 PM
if you want tru peformance, i wouldn't half ass it. i'd jsut get it done right...

NRG
12-18-2002, 04:53 PM
I just hope I can find a shop that will do it because TJC told me many shops don't wanna touch CATs because its technically illegal........Against emission laws or something like that......

TJC
12-18-2002, 07:31 PM
Yep, technically here in Calif. if your cat is still functioning, they can't replace it. Now you're not really replacing it or are you, lol. If you just need a bung put in for your second sensor, that might be okay. I don't know the ramifications of the law but I'm sure you can find a shop here that will do just about anything, lol. Money talks! :wink:

pinoyesv6
12-20-2002, 11:14 AM
actually its federal emissions standards that say you can't remove the cat unless its not working anymore. ov course if your car is a lil bit older they might replace it or if it is damaged *hint hint*