PDA

View Full Version : Steel Braided Lines

Sillyasianz
10-02-2007, 06:14 PM
I found a shop near me that sells steel braided lines. I wanna get it, but they require that you measure the length you need and they will cut to that spec.

I was hoping someone here could answer that.

Then Once I get the price, I can post it here and anyone can order through me.

I have an 01 I4, but currently running the 99 v6 2 piston fronts and rear rotors.

If you know the lengths, if there are any difference:

Front
4cyl:
V6:

Rear
Drums:
Rotors:

Thanks guys.

qnz
10-02-2007, 06:40 PM
i have a set for an i4 that i havent installed yet. I can measure those if you like. I dont know why you need to have a set made for you tho. Plenty of companies make SS lines for our applications

DOHCstunr
10-02-2007, 07:28 PM
there are countless line kits already available for you.

Stainless steel lines are such a pleasure to have installed on your vehicle.

i have them on all of our cars.
after install, don't forget to flush your lines completely out with some high quality DOT5.1 synthetic brake fluid.

your brakes have never worked so well

Sillyasianz
10-02-2007, 07:28 PM
Cause this shop might be HALF the price.

http://www.hose-man.com/sys-tmpl/door/

Sillyasianz
10-02-2007, 07:31 PM
there are countless line kits already available for you.

Stainless steel lines are such a pleasure to have installed on your vehicle.

i have them on all of our cars.
after install, don't forget to flush your lines completely out with some high quality DOT5.1 synthetic brake fluid.

your brakes have never worked so well

Links of cheapest price please. Oh and is there a difference since I have an 01 (rear drums) w/ the 99 (rear rotors) setup?

mapid145
10-02-2007, 10:01 PM
sorry to post on ur thread but since u guys are talking

ss braided lines dont break rite.. any other things they help with.. performance, long life.. stuff like that

qnz
10-02-2007, 10:11 PM
i have technafit ss brake lines. they are the best quality lines of the ones that ive seen. they cost me $85 shipped if i remember.

and yes, the i4 lines (rear drums) are different than the v6 rears (rotors). i have had both.