PDA

View Full Version : I WANNA MANNY TRANNY IN MY 8G!!!

JDM4G64T
10-02-2007, 07:12 PM
How hard is it to change out my auto transmission to a manual one?? I know that I would need a 3g eclipse tranny, but what else would I need to make this a reality??? Up here in the Bronx, with a lot of ideas and time but need the help to make it happen!!!

Sillyasianz
10-02-2007, 07:14 PM
about 1 - 2k+ depending on if you want a stock 3g swap, or a built one w/ lsd..etc

Oh and try using the SEARCH button 8)

fatal1
10-02-2007, 08:32 PM
if your interested pm goosey2099, he is the guy to talk to as well as bxbmr i believe he does swaps as well, goosey has pretty much a full pic how to in the tutorial section also that you should read up on or if you want to do it yourself

bronxbombr
10-03-2007, 09:38 AM
ya, i do swaps etc.......... but you have to get the parts or pay me to get all the parts.

youngfab59
10-03-2007, 09:41 AM
is there anybody that does the swap done here in Fort Lauderdale/Miami, Florida??? :?:

n3oAcid24
10-03-2007, 09:45 AM
is there anybody that does the swap done here in Fort Lauderdale/Miami, Florida??? :?:

i think there is a few guys that have it done there.

Scout4g64t
10-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Nice G papo! But my fav is the Rican flag.. Im in the process of trying to locate a 5sp.. Kinda tough but ill let u know if i find more than one so u can get it shipped up there..

bronxbombr
10-03-2007, 12:17 PM

If you pay for the plane or bus ticket and you have all your parts, I would be glad to come down and do it for a small fee:)

DNSerrano
10-03-2007, 01:35 PM

I am currently collecting parts for my 5-speed swap here in Sunrise, FL. I am going to have Paul aka WhoKilledHoughes come and help me when I'm ready and we'll be making an in-depth tutorial on everything you need to know to do the swap. As for right now just start gathering big parts like the 3g RS/GS transmission, pedal assembly, and shifter and shifter cable. When we do mines I'll be helping Paul do his then we can do your's if you live around here. Let me know if you are interested. Also DUH2150 was the first to do a 5-Speed swap on his 8g here in FL. You can PM him for details. He told me it takes two people to get it done quick because the Automatic Tranny weighs so much.

speedracer
10-03-2007, 04:40 PM
yeah as long as u have all the parts its actually a pretty easy task.....

and the auto transmission doesn't weigh that much its def. able to be moved by one person ....lol

a helpful place to get some of the parts is club 3g thats where i got my pedal ass. n master cyc... n some of the other smaller stuff, n i got my actual trans off of ebaymotors....

run1206
10-03-2007, 08:16 PM
How hard is it to change out my auto transmission to a manual one?? I know that I would need a 3g eclipse tranny, but what else would I need to make this a reality??? Up here in the Bronx, with a lot of ideas and time but need the help to make it happen!!!

hope you find a tranny, and good luck with the swap. I wish i could do it, but us 02s and 03s gotta figure out how to get the damn SES light from comin on after the swap :( :smt017

JDM4G64T
10-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Getting the parts is easy, just need to know exactly what I need, might wanna do the lsd, what's better in terms of performance for the vehicle??

JDM4G64T
10-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Getting the parts is easy, just need to know exactly what I need, might wanna do the lsd, what's better in terms of performance for the vehicle??

fatal1
10-04-2007, 10:43 PM
well especially if your boosting you will want the lsd, a solid upgrade for the 4cyl tranny is an act 2100 clutch lightweight flywheel whatever brand fidanza etc...quaife lsd as far as the internal tranny itself, then short shifter bushings etc are good upgrades

JDM4G64T
10-05-2007, 06:27 PM
K thank you, what else am I gonna need??

cg1349
10-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Forget the 5-speed tranny, go for a 6-speed. My Sentra has a 6-speed tranny from a Maxima.

bronxbombr
10-06-2007, 03:33 AM
Forget the 5-speed tranny, go for a 6-speed. My Sentra has a 6-speed tranny from a Maxima. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

minnesoshan
10-06-2007, 06:00 AM
is that possible?

JDM4G64T
10-06-2007, 08:18 AM
What do you think about that bxbomber?? Is that possible to have a 6-spd tranny in a g??

Stewi
10-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Its possible when you find a tranny that bolts up like stock I already looked into this and the closest thing I found with a 6 speed was a 2005 Tiburon GT, the tranny itself will fit but the bell housing is different, so you would need to fab an adatpor or do some welding.

cg1349
10-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Forget the 5-speed tranny, go for a 6-speed. My Sentra has a 6-speed tranny from a Maxima. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Don't be so surprised. The 2002-2006 Sentras came with the following engines and trannys:
1.8L auto or 5-speed
2.5L auto or 5-speed
2.5L 6-speed manual

Only the Sentra SE-R Spec V came with the 6-speed which is nothing more than a Maxima 6-speed tranny. It comes like that from the factory. In fact, some Spec V owners drop in a 3.5L V6 engine because it mates evenly with the 6-speed tranny. A 6-speed tranny in an 8G is possible if you have the time and money.

streetspecgalant
10-06-2007, 07:10 PM
you need the slave and master cylinder, the cables,the clutch pedal,(obviously), and look into finding the 3g eclipse computer cuz if not then when you do the swap your gonna have a check engine light cuz it cant read the tranny. and while you have the tranny off you may as well do your clutch and flywheel.

SkylineG1
10-06-2007, 07:48 PM

Don't be so surprised. The 2002-2006 Sentras came with the following engines and trannys:
1.8L auto or 5-speed
2.5L auto or 5-speed
2.5L 6-speed manual

Only the Sentra SE-R Spec V came with the 6-speed which is nothing more than a Maxima 6-speed tranny. It comes like that from the factory. In fact, some Spec V owners drop in a 3.5L V6 engine because it mates evenly with the 6-speed tranny. A 6-speed tranny in an 8G is possible if you have the time and money.

This is "The Galant Center." Lets deal with things of a Mitsubishi nature.

run1206
10-06-2007, 11:22 PM

1.8L auto or 5-speed
2.5L auto or 5-speed
2.5L 6-speed manual

X2.

youngfab59
10-06-2007, 11:36 PM
i agree with SkylineG1 :!:

Distort
10-14-2007, 02:11 AM
Wait, I thought us '02s and '03s could flash our ECU?

Or just give the guy at the inspection place an extra 40 and get a good inspection sticker... :D

Ivory8g
10-14-2007, 10:49 AM

Or just give the guy at the inspection place an extra 40 and get a good inspection sticker... :D

omg that would be so dope if we could do that.......flash the ecu.....I was wondering about that cause the 3g eclipses flash theirs -___-

run1206
10-14-2007, 12:56 PM

we can, i have mine flashed right now(a lil rich to work through the 2-3k rpm curve), it's just that even if you flash your ECU, the code is STILL gonna come up. i believe it's 6 codes (selenoid codes).

you try passing 40 bucks to an inspector in Jersey, you'd get your car taken away in a heartbeat :lol:

i think the only thing we can do is get either an eclipse or EVO ECU and flash those a certain way. GOOSEY has been doing some research about this, though i don't think he finished it, so i'll ask him in a few months (after my turbo install) about the situation so i can get the codes that he has and start working on my own project.

fatal1
10-14-2007, 04:26 PM
plus the newer cars are obd inspected which means you fail if you throw a code, in turn your car is saying you have no tranny...it wouldnt be possible to pass

Distort
10-14-2007, 10:12 PM

we can, i have mine flashed right now(a lil rich to work through the 2-3k rpm curve), it's just that even if you flash your ECU, the code is STILL gonna come up. i believe it's 6 codes (selenoid codes).

you try passing 40 bucks to an inspector in Jersey, you'd get your car taken away in a heartbeat :lol:

i think the only thing we can do is get either an eclipse or EVO ECU and flash those a certain way. GOOSEY has been doing some research about this, though i don't think he finished it, so i'll ask him in a few months (after my turbo install) about the situation so i can get the codes that he has and start working on my own project.

Yeah, I was rly looking forward to the M/T as a future project, until I saw the CEL lights warning... pssh. I live in a small town where everyone knows everyone, and my uncle pays some guy for the stickers, Im sure I can get one if I rly wanted to badly enough...

bronxbombr
10-15-2007, 12:29 PM

1.8L auto or 5-speed
2.5L auto or 5-speed
2.5L 6-speed manual

I do engine and tranny swaps for maximas, infinti G20, and Sentra's but to put it in a G is crazy when the Nissans are already built for power and speed with just easy bolt on upgrades. Right now im swapping a Sr20DET motor in a 94 Infiniti G20 and the swap has been cake so far, Almost done

n3oAcid24
10-15-2007, 12:43 PM

hope you find a tranny, and good luck with the swap. I wish i could do it, but us 02s and 03s gotta figure out how to get the damn SES light from comin on after the swap :( :smt017

us 01' guys too. i think goosey figure out how to bypass that though. i think we have to do a ECU swap or a ECUflash..... i am thinking about going 5 speed too. i have a bunch of information from like a year ago. im looking up everything. if i can get someone to buy my torque converter i can start buying parts for this project..

Gladiator
10-16-2007, 02:17 AM
plus the newer cars are obd inspected which means you fail if you throw a code, in turn your car is saying you have no tranny...it wouldnt be possible to pass

so did you have your G flashed?

run1206
10-16-2007, 08:40 AM

us 01' guys too. i think goosey figure out how to bypass that though. i think we have to do a ECU swap or a ECUflash..... i am thinking about going 5 speed too. i have a bunch of information from like a year ago. im looking up everything. if i can get someone to buy my torque converter i can start buying parts for this project..

really??? i didn't know the 01s had the same problem, guess the only solution for the 01s is a flash :smt102

n3oAcid24
10-16-2007, 08:47 AM

really??? i didn't know the 01s had the same problem, guess the only solution for the 01s is a flash :smt102

yea but think of it this way man.... you get to tune your car... LOL!!!

run1206
10-16-2007, 06:02 PM
yeah that's true, :lol:

JDM4G64T
12-31-2008, 06:14 PM
Swap done!!

RedGalant2k1
12-31-2008, 06:23 PM
Its possible when you find a tranny that bolts up like stock I already looked into this and the closest thing I found with a 6 speed was a 2005 Tiburon GT, the tranny itself will fit but the bell housing is different, so you would need to fab an adatpor or do some welding.

But what about the 4G Eclipse 6spd trans? Seeing as the 6G74/75 can use the same transmission we do, have you (or anyone else) looked that route?

Swap done!!

nice.