PDA

View Full Version : Help with subs

jeremyl464
10-03-2007, 11:43 PM
Hey i cant find this on search and just wanted to double check before i cut it, is the blue wire going out of my infinity the one for remote turn on? Thanks

fatal1
10-04-2007, 12:10 AM
stock hu im assuning? all you need is a 12v auxilery source that turns on/ off when the car turns on or off there are a bunch of them but generally yes the blue wire is the remote turn on lead

98GalantDriver
02-09-2008, 12:53 PM
sorry to resurect the dead... but can i just jump this off the 12v pos side of my HU ?

i thought i read connect it to POS... but im not sure... im gonna run outside and finish the wireing of everything else and check back b4 running out to get the speakers cabels (i thought it was RCA to and from the amp :()

THANKS MUCH

fliegendaffe
02-09-2008, 01:25 PM
sorry to resurect the dead... but can i just jump this off the 12v pos side of my HU ?

i thought i read connect it to POS... but im not sure... im gonna run outside and finish the wireing of everything else and check back b4 running out to get the speakers cabels (i thought it was RCA to and from the amp :()

THANKS MUCH

no you cannot, because then your amp will be on all the time thus draining your battery. sometimes there will be 2 blue wires in the back of the HU. I would suggest taking a digital multi meter and checking the voltage when in CD mode. if it gives you a reading, then that is your remote. if there is not a reading, then that is the antenna wire. if you cannot find your remote wire, then connect it to the ACC wire.

RCA are only to use either from the HU or a LOC. From amp to subs, your need actual speaker wire.

98GalantDriver
02-09-2008, 01:29 PM
ACC ? As in accessory ? dont have time to get to the ignition... trying to finish this inside of 20 mins so i can have subs on my way to work... been up and down google...

is there a temp spot i can put it ? i have a switch i can get to easily, i just dont know if i need POS or NEG

fliegendaffe
02-09-2008, 01:47 PM
acc is on the HU