PDA

View Full Version : Hesitation

Shadow19
10-07-2007, 10:23 AM
So here lately.. My car has been hesitating pretty bad. Ive put a brand new distributor yesterday, accell wires, new distributor cap, new rotor button and a new fuel filter. I thought it would have been the ignition system but i guess i was wrong... I dont know what else it could be.. It idles fine and it has pretty good throttle respose.. Its just when im not hittin it hard it hesitates... Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,
Johnas

4-G-rim
10-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Is the car throwing a CEL?

Are you running a stock cat converter? If so..it might be the cause because it clogged.

Shadow19
10-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Is the car throwing a CEL?

Are you running a stock cat converter? If so..it might be the cause because it clogged.

No CEL.. I fixed the egr and the light went off. Im not runing a cat. I did the spark plug fowler mod for the rear o2 and thats never been a problem... Maybe its still the EGR...

kolio
10-07-2007, 11:51 AM
dude i had mean exhaust leaks check to make sure you don't have any. it kills it.

4-G-rim
10-08-2007, 12:03 PM
How did you fix the EGR? Did you just install a blockoff plate?

Does the car sound like it has a exhaust leak?

When you installed the new distributor..did you mark the last position of the brackets of the old one? I believe the position of the distributor affects your timing...your base timing could be off which could effect your timing on higher revs.

Shadow19
10-08-2007, 04:53 PM
How did you fix the EGR? Did you just install a blockoff plate?

Does the car sound like it has a exhaust leak?

When you installed the new distributor..did you mark the last position of the brackets of the old one? I believe the position of the distributor affects your timing...your base timing could be off which could effect your timing on higher revs.

I thought the computer compensated for that? How do i check if its off? Just move it till it goes away? LOL. And i hooked the EGR back up and removed the blockoff plate... IDK.. IT seems as if its leaning itself out cause its getting better. I reset my ECU like 30 miles ago so its not enough time for it to completely relearn itself.. ANd i do know that i have exhaust leaks.. Just never knew that they could make my car hesitate.. THough they arent big.. ANy other suggestions?

kolio
10-08-2007, 04:56 PM
trust me exhaust leaks are the worst. my car ran like shit with them, not enough backpressure.

make sure you have none, not even one

mitsufan
10-08-2007, 05:44 PM
I had EXACT same thing with mine..................check your cat and timing. Both of these combined caused my car to run like yours(I still had the stock one with 162k miles on it :roll: )

bronxbombr
10-08-2007, 08:20 PM
check your flex pipe for leaks, back pressure.

Shadow19
10-09-2007, 05:19 PM
OK so we've gotten it down to exhaust or timing.. I know i got leaks so its possible... I had the stock downpipe welded cause the flex pipe took a shit on me and my auto tranny used to snatch itself in gear so pretty much where any welds were is where it leaks a lil...