PDA

View Full Version : Trunk won't close

Galant Kid
10-14-2007, 01:36 AM
I took it off to paint it again, because I wasn't satisfied with the results from the first time, and now it won't close.

I've tried adjusting the trunk every which way. The wiring harness isn't routed through the trunk, because I've got to take it off tomorrow, and neither is the trunk release. The trunk release is, however, hooked up to the latch.

I'm stumped, I'll try sorting this malarky out tomorrow. Oi! Shoelaces are holding it down right now. :x

Thanks to anyone who can make sense of this.

Galant Kid
10-15-2007, 05:55 PM
I'm still trying to make sense of this.

From what I can see by crawling through my back seat, the trunk latch isn't hitting the brass catch. It will get ALMOST to the point of locking, to the point where it will actually bump the lock slightly, but not hold.

I've re-loomed the wires through the lid as well as the cable for the release, and I also put all four bolts in, but STILL nothing.

Help? It's supposed to rain from Wednesday to Tuesday here. So says a co-worker.

IceDouTGaLanT
10-15-2007, 06:15 PM
2 things...

1) u sure u didnt click the saftey latch? the 8g has a thing were if u flick it it wont shut.

2) the wire which holds the lock into place, is it on right? i had a issue like that when i installed my cf trunk

Galant Kid
10-15-2007, 07:01 PM
If the lock is on the latch I've tried it in both settings.

The wire that pulls the luck is in place, yes, if that's what you mean.

Thanks for taking the time, I'll look at it after work tomorrow.