PDA

View Full Version : 94 Tails

nitegsrider
08-15-2002, 12:39 AM
Okay I was looking at my 94 tail light and the tail lights of a 98 and i was wondering what ten difference is. It looks like the middle bar was just taken out and replaced with one of the same color as the car. So i was wondering if that was true and if i could do that with my 94. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

MitsuMan
08-15-2002, 07:27 AM
First off,

the middle "bar" on the 97-98 late 7g galants is not a light, its part of the trunk....

Technically, I am sure you could do it to your car by changing the trunk lid...

IMO, i dont see why you would want to...the 7g lights are better...im sure many on this board would agree with me....

......but if that is your idea for a mod go a head, it owuld just make your car look like a 97, not really a great mod imo...

Dean

Jesse
08-15-2002, 08:17 AM
Don't listen to Mitsuman, he ate paint chips when he was little, lol, just kidding Dean.

Lots of people mod their 94-96 to look like 97-98. Some people do the front where the grills are, and I'm sure some have done the rear.

If you look at our rear lights, ours are all red with clear in the middle.

The 97/98 have red on top and clear on bottom, lots better looking IMO. The j-spec tail lights that have the same shape as the 94-96 are all red on top and clear on bottom, but cost $250 or more to have them here in the US and so far I don't think anybody has them yet.

If you want to look like the 97/98 you must buy the trunk lid from one of those, then just swap out the outer tail lights so that they match the red on top, clear on bottom design.

Let us know if you plan on doing this.

brandon
08-15-2002, 10:31 AM
Dean is right on Jesse. :roll:

The 94-96 tails are WAY hotter. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Blue Ice
08-15-2002, 10:36 AM
<span style='color:blue'>I like my 94 tails too, unless of course i couls get a hold of those phillipean tails for cheap. But another thing you could do is just switch out the side tailes, and leave the middle. I wondered how that would look before. I know the white parts won't line up, but dare to be different.</span>

Jesse
08-15-2002, 10:38 AM
I'm sure somebody could photoshop it for ya.

I never said the 97/98 look better, I'm just not discouraging him (not saying Dean was either)

I just want people to run with their ideas.

I like my tail lights a lot, they resemble rx-7 lights. Not exactly, but a close enough.

pinoyesv6
08-15-2002, 11:03 AM
i'd go for the 94-96 lights with the rear fog light...yea....

2True
08-15-2002, 11:10 AM
Rear foglights?! I don't think I've seen that one Allen...

nitegsrider, I'll trade you my 98 tails and trunk for your 94! I like the RX-7 ish look of those a lot more! I was trying to fandangle a way to incorparate the middle light bar off a 95 with the tail lights of my 98, so far I have found no way of doing this without it looking retarded :cry:

pinoyesv6
08-15-2002, 11:24 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2True)</div><div class='quotemain'>Rear foglights?! I don't think I've seen that one Allen...

nitegsrider, I'll trade you my 98 tails and trunk for your 94! I like the RX-7 ish look of those a lot more! I was trying to fandangle a way to incorparate the middle light bar off a 95 with the tail lights of my 98, so far I have found no way of doing this without it looking retarded Â*:cry:</div>

yea just looks like a regular bar off the 94-96 galant but has a light in it as a fog light....

MitsuMan
08-15-2002, 11:27 AM
Jesse likes to motivate people....isnt he swell!! :cheeselove:

Jesse
08-15-2002, 11:53 AM
ok Musclehead, now I'm steamed. You and me by the willowtree. You know our spot, the spot where me and your mom :blowjob:

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

just to let people be aware, Dean and I are cool with each other, we're just entertaining the post.

But if you want the 97/98 look, then trade him the trunk lids, that would be cool.

MitsuMan
08-15-2002, 12:41 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse)</div><div class='quotemain'>

But if you want the 97/98 look, then trade him the trunk lids, that would be cool.</div>

Or just buy a 97 galant

MitsuMan
08-15-2002, 12:45 PM
2 True,

your car is gonna look like u have the JDM lights on it, :thumbsup:

2True
08-15-2002, 12:50 PM
That's what I was going for, but now Allen has to go and mess me up talking about JDM ones with foglights in the back! Damnit!
:roll:

J/k Allen

dre24k
08-16-2002, 11:52 AM
98 lights are better of course

Dark Anghell
08-18-2002, 12:41 AM
I wounder if there's a way to use one of the sides for the reverse light as a fog light...Just like on every single skyline out there. They only have one reverse light, the second light is red and used as a foglight. So if there's some kind of a relay or a switch that could be installed to turn the fog light on and off, we can just install a red LED bulb into one of the reverse light openings and use the switch to turn it on and off.

On a second thought...it will look retarded. But I think that Mitsupiet was able to get those lights shipped for like 300 bucks.
Personally the only other galant tail I like is the JDM ones with a clear bottom like on a 1997, but with the shape of a 1994 https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

fstrthnu
08-19-2002, 10:28 PM
I've got a 95 galant but instead of switching around taillights, I just had the bodyshop paint over the trunk piece of the light to match the car leaving only the small lights in the rear quarterpanels. It looks they were shaved. Looks way better than the stock setup.

95 galant, full erebuni shogun bodykit w/ evo 6 wing, nitrous works, intake, cat back, centerforce stage 3, full audio/video [email protected]

2True
08-20-2002, 12:47 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fstrthnu)</div><div class='quotemain'>I've got a 95 galant but instead of switching around taillights, I just had the bodyshop paint over the trunk piece of the light to match the car leaving only the small lights in the rear quarterpanels. It looks they were shaved. Looks way better than the stock setup.
</div>

So you had them take out the center light piece and mold the trunk? Hope you don't mind if I ask "why"? Then it just looks like joe-car, I have been trying to divise a plan for the exact oposite. To get the JDM tail-light look on my 98.
Just wonderin'

fstrthnu
08-20-2002, 10:45 PM
b/c it looks smoooooth.