PDA

View Full Version : 8g . 100 % EVO SWAP QUESTIONS !!!

Eclipse97526
10-17-2007, 09:28 AM
2004 evo 8 with 12k miles on it. Top is completly flattened. Hood is no good, The nissimo racing spoiler that was on it is toast, and the trunk is pretty bashed up, factory spoiler is in my hands ;) and was taken off the vehicle at 13 miles. so thats goin on my G . And the seat recliner levers are broken inside bolth of the seats ( driver and passanger , They wont stay upright ) But i want the Reccardo interior. This car landed upside down perfectly... It was not rolled it was jumped and landed on the roof, smashing everything down about a foot and a half. Side panles are OK. Front and rear OEM bumpers are damn near flawless. headlights taillights great shape... The 19 " momo racing rims and tires are a ok ! Also, he had a bromo big brake kit installed in this car.

Im trying to decide if i should rebuild the top half of the Evo... Into a convertable, which would look hideious i would idmagine... Or if i should just part it out... and take the engine, and some suspension etc. All the good stuff ;) And i think im going to put the heart of this evo into my galant ! Well ill post some pics friday when the car gets here !!!! gotta go clean out my homies grage to pull the Motor... here enlies a few questions that i have....

1. AWD Conversion... I need a picture underneath of the Legenum, Or the 4dr VR4 coupe. in the 8th gen bodystyle, im wondering to how the AWD is set up in this, Seeing how i would be swaping the whole computer, this would be easist to keep the AWD and not flash the ECU at all... Im wondering if i can just re-route my exaust, and use the space provided. It would work perfect after re-locating the fuel tank.

2. Will the Evo 6pd AWD tranny work? (Can it be ran with only 2wd ? ) Cause From what i hear AWD is to difficult, But if there is a way, i will keep the AWD. But IF not... What can i do ? is there another tranny i can use that will bolt up with the evo motor ? id like to go 6spd. 5spd swap would be ok thought. But this is a MUST

3. Evo Bromo Big Brake kit. I know that the Evo brakes are very sought after for the Galant... And ive read it in many areas that they are a direct replacement. My question may be stupid but, i was wondering if the 14 inch bromo big brake kit for the evo would bolt right up to the 8g suspension just as nicely as the stock evo brakes would...

4. Motor mount locations. Seeking experience here... I know this has been done in Cali's Galant. I was wondering how " direct " of a fit this evo engine is... Do i need to remove my old galant motor mounts ? and relocate them ? or sience this 4g63 is facing the same direction as my 4g64. Do i even need to do anything to my mounts ? will this motor just fall right in ? Or should i just buy new evo mounts, and chop the 8g ones outta there, and just weld in new ones ?

5. Evo ECU / Swapp and compatability.
Any words of wisdom here ? would be greatly appreachiated... VERY VERY MUCH, i know how these projects go... and there are always hidden supprises.. But techinacly, if the motor went right from the evo, into my galant, with the same EVO ECU... Everything would work perfectly right ?

Thanks for any help on this project. When im done . I will drive this car to a G meet " seeing as how they are so damn far away " once this swap is done, to share my pride and joy with others, and let them ride in what everyone has helped me accomplish. hopefully to travel the US and attened every TGC club meet !

oh yea, i tinted my tails, but that dont really mean shit to me now that i got this evo !!!!! ill finally get my evo back ;) but will be much cheaper insurance. Anything not used will be sold on here, as well as various upgrades to my engine i have already aquired that will be of no use to me ! :)

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p110/eclipse97526/10-14-07_0920.jpg

lonestar22
10-17-2007, 06:56 PM
i say swap the drivetrains, thats what i would do. if not u can sell the engine w/o the trans to me with the ECU. for $3000.. and the brakes for $800. it would be easier to make money off of it then to put it together yourself

RedGalant2k1
10-17-2007, 09:52 PM
The drivetrain is the hardest part, you will need a custom center shaft from the transfer case to the rear end, not to mention you'll need to tub the center of the car out to fit a driveshaft, plus you will need to mod the rear section to accomodate a rear end thats not currently in the car.

There is a member of Club3g who has actually done this swap, and its probably done by now, so his pointers may help.

lonestar22
10-17-2007, 11:41 PM
it just dawned on my why the fuck is this in the picture section besides the one pic of your car? it has nothing to do with pictures

Gladiator
10-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Brembo are the makers of the evo brakes you are talking about.

Eclipse97526
10-19-2007, 08:38 AM
yea i realized that after i posed, i could swear i posted another one in the 8g performance section, maybe a mod could move this over to a 8g performance section ? I have the evo here now. going to pick it up soon
the part of me building my galant is cause, its difrent ;) and i dont wanna sell the evo parts and make money, thats what mini vans are for.