PDA

View Full Version : Short Ram Intake under $100

SotY
10-17-2007, 06:11 PM
Can I get any good short ram intake for my 01 gtz under $100 ? AEM and Injen are like $150-200 so maybe there is something different cheaper ? It doesn't have too look nice like AEM/Injen but has to be reliable and easy to install.

quicksilver22
10-17-2007, 06:28 PM
sure thing, take your airbox off, apply Cone filter, and you're set...

but seriously, just save teh 50 bux and buy an AEM/INJEN

fatal1
10-17-2007, 08:16 PM
you can also use the k&n typhoon its usually labeled under the eclipse for around $100

badmitsu
10-17-2007, 08:33 PM
can you buy the adapter you need for the MAF sensor at autoparts stores?

Koncept
10-17-2007, 08:40 PM
You can always go with the eBay specials at 40-50 bux. I've had one I've been rockin for a couple years and it works...But yeah, I do want to get the AEM one anyhow.

wittydrewy
10-17-2007, 08:46 PM
Mine was $40 its a no name but works. I am upgrading in a few months. I would go ahead and spend the extra $$ and get one you wont want to get rid off.

injen4g63
10-17-2007, 08:50 PM
i say go with the injen intake for $220. its more expensive, but ur not getting a cheap product by any means

2000Galant
10-18-2007, 12:45 AM
i got a question, i remember my friend had a short ram intake on his civic, but i dont remember how much noise it actually made, im tryna buy one to put it on the G but i dont want all that noise in other words i dont wanna make it seem like im making it a racing car or anything like that

Koncept
10-18-2007, 01:39 AM
It won't make a whole lot of noise, just having an SRI. It will make your engine sound a little throatier at full throttle, but if you are just cruising around you won't notice a whole lot of difference.

pinoyesv6
10-18-2007, 06:58 AM
It won't make a whole lot of noise, just having an SRI. It will make your engine sound a little throatier at full throttle, but if you are just cruising around you won't notice a whole lot of difference.

my injen SRI can out-scream my exhaust anyday. i can probably outscream most of the intakes you guys have here. its the first thing you hear when you get on the throttle.

there was a group buy on club 3g for falken factory tuned cold air intakes for $45. good quality intakes for the price of a cheap ebay intake. you might want to go over there and find it and see if the vendor still had it.

SotY
10-18-2007, 10:04 AM
there was a group buy on club 3g for falken factory tuned cold air intakes for $45. good quality intakes for the price of a cheap ebay intake. you might want to go over there and find it and see if the vendor still had it.

You talking about that http://www.club3g.com/forum/group-buys/54709-cold-air-intakes-45-a.html ? What model should I get for my auto v6 ? And can I install it as a short ram not cai without any special modifications ?

polishmafia
10-18-2007, 10:10 AM

my injen SRI can out-scream my exhaust anyday. i can probably outscream most of the intakes you guys have here. its the first thing you hear when you get on the throttle

same here haha. ive had people ask me all the time just what the hell i have under the hood that makes that noise. injen FTW.

D8
10-18-2007, 11:57 AM
Can I get any good short ram intake for my 01 gtz under $100 ? AEM and Injen are like $150-200 so maybe there is something different cheaper ? It doesn't have too look nice like AEM/Injen but has to be reliable and easy to install.

go to auto zone and get the Spectre MAF adapter and a Spectre cone....I can't remember the part numbers.....I spent under $50 for that setup....it works well for me :)

n3oAcid24
10-18-2007, 12:20 PM
ive bought and sold a few intakes for around $100. well i bought them for less but you can find something USED for that price im sure....

aznlverboy
10-18-2007, 02:03 PM
why do you guys want a short ram intake
? i have an aem cai for sale, only used for 2 hours, still brand new, silver color. $150 shipped in u.s

SotY
10-18-2007, 02:04 PM
go to auto zone and get the Spectre MAF adapter and a Spectre cone....I can't remember the part numbers.....I spent under $50 for that setup....it works well for me :)

Will it give me the sound also ? What makes this nice sound cone filter or metal pipe ?

WarmAndSCSI
10-18-2007, 02:09 PM
my injen SRI can out-scream my exhaust anyday. i can probably outscream most of the intakes you guys have here. its the first thing you hear when you get on the throttle.

Oh yeah, well my intake can out-scream any of your intakes :) Silly intake piping discussions. :wink:

D8
10-18-2007, 02:17 PM

Will it give me the sound also ? What makes this nice sound cone filter or metal pipe ?

It does give it a nice throaty sound (not at idle)......it would sound better with the exhaust system to go with it but I can't get all that just yet.

SotY
10-18-2007, 02:23 PM
? i have an aem cai for sale, only used for 2 hours, still brand new, silver color. $150 shipped in u.s

I live in Chicago area and we got some rainy days here so I would prefer not to destroy my engine by sucking water through intake. And by the way why you selling it ?

n3oAcid24
10-18-2007, 02:40 PM

I live in Chicago area and we got some rainy days here so I would prefer not to destroy my engine by sucking water through intake. And by the way why you selling it ?

you dont live in Chicago...... LOL!!! we have a meet this weekend man. you should come out...

SotY
10-18-2007, 03:11 PM
we have a meet this weekend man. you should come out...

I wish to cause that could be a chance to identify my problem with axle/bearing (here (https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=56558)) by somebody of you guys :) but unfortunately I work till 7 :/

pinoyesv6
10-18-2007, 05:55 PM

You talking about that http://www.club3g.com/forum/group-buys/54709-cold-air-intakes-45-a.html ? What model should I get for my auto v6 ? And can I install it as a short ram not cai without any special modifications ?

you shouldn't have no issues with install since most 2 piece cold air intakes for our cars are made to convert to short ram also.