View Full Version : down to 2 option, input please

galant350z
10-18-2007, 06:39 PM
i order my 2 pot BBK for the rear, now it come to coilover. i searched around the site, there are people who states Ksport is good stuff but there are also some bad posts in honda form saying they suck, so guys would you rather go with a ksport or tein, a company with long history. and now i am down to either

ksport or tein basic,

thanks

mattalicslvr8g02
10-18-2007, 07:10 PM
tein, there a well known company and i havent heard of many people having problems with them

dknight3
10-18-2007, 08:05 PM
megan?

9G
10-18-2007, 08:35 PM
tein

galant350z
10-19-2007, 09:12 AM
megan?

i guess i have been a good customer over the years, so i can get the Ksport and tein basic around 800shipped, even cheaper if i go with ksport. however they dont sell megan.

pinoyesv6
10-19-2007, 09:46 AM
tein.

still thinking about k-sport? go down to club3g and find a single post that in the end gives praise to the k-sport coilovers.

seth98esT
10-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Id go D2 or Megan, both are more adjustable then the Teins.

galant350z
10-19-2007, 10:08 AM
[quote="pinoyesv6"]tein.

still thinking about k-sport? go down to club3g and find a single post that in the end gives praise to the k-sport coilovers.[/quote

i m sticking with tein or D2, probably D2

i pm dangerdanj, i always get some really good advise from him, and i read all those post from eclipse boards and honda forum, the problem is, sometimes is so confusing when you have other member backing up for ksport while other think they suck, check out the some new post in the suspension forum, there are people who states ksport is a good company and much longer history than megan. there are also some people who think megan sucks, while most other members love them, so and so. so who should i trust?

thanks for the advise guys

pinoyesv6
10-19-2007, 10:17 AM
i've never dealt with ksport in my life. so im not gonna say as a whole they suck. really, they might have some really nice products.

but really, the 3g owners say the suck. they bring up some very good points on why they suck on their application. the galant application is identical, if not the same as the eclipse application.

you can go ahead and get them if you want, but know about its problems and learn to deal with them when they occur. thats how it is on all parts, many parts have their problems by purchasing those parts and installing them you make yourself Susceptible to those problems and you have to be prepared to deal with them.

galant350z
10-19-2007, 10:44 AM
I didn’t say k-sport suck either, it not fair for me to say that because I never have any experience with any of their product,and you are totally right about this

“ know about its problems and learn to deal with them when they occur. that’s how it is on all parts, many parts have their problems by purchasing those parts and installing them you make yourself Susceptible to those problems and you have to be prepared to deal with them.” pinoyesv6

That’s why I started this post so we could discuss it and get the best coilover in my price range and the right type and quality. Just like seth98est mention about D2 coilover and now I am going to do some research about it.

Thanks again, sorry for making you guys type that early in the morning, lol

galant350z
10-23-2007, 09:12 PM
ordered tein basic,

thought about the ssp but since my car is never gonna see track.

also, are they hard to install? because my friend wants to install it for me, he got his 2 year degree from a community college and open his own shop. should i let him install it or does it require alot more skills?